1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford 250/350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Nolimit124, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

Whats the best truck to plow driveways and parking lots with? Extended cab,supercab, crewcab. I'm looking into buying one for next winter.

thanks for the help!

2. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

I like to use a std. cab with 8 foot box to plow with. It is easy to see front and back when plowing during a storm. I also prefer the 350

3. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Extended cab and supercab are the same thing.

4. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

a single cab long bed would be ideal for residential as well as tight/smaller commerical. i have an extended cab truck which is fine for my commercial stuff, not many spots i have trouble with but residential kinda blows on the tighter drives, like my parents. but then again if your doin mostly resi and small commerical, a single cab short bed 1/2 ton truck would be great in those tight drives.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I had an F-250 ext cab and it worked great. I now have an F-250 crew cab and it is even better then the ext cab.
    Better visibilty and room to keep stuff inside.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

regular cab... 3/4 or 1 ton.

any of the three...I prefer ford.

7. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

Reg cab ,long box.If you want to put in a sander down the road you will not be limited to having a small sander.You can also have a tool box with a 6ft hopper.JMO

8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with the Crew Cab 8ft box Dually f350. Thats the best driveway plow.

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

depends what your doing with the truck and whether or not its going to serve as a personal/family vehicle as well. i run a reg. cab long box f-350 because i dont need the extra room and they are a lot cheaper to come by used. i too prefer the 1 ton's over the 3/4 tons even though theres not too much difference (i hate the way 3/4 tons sit with the rear blocks and id rather not deal with changing em)

ooh and just ignore big daves post's he's just being himself .