1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford 2010 Diesel with Timbrens????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by LB1234, Dec 5, 2010.

1. LB1234

LB1234 Member

Purchases a 2010 super duty regular cab diesel F350 and placed my 8' western ultramount pro plow on it. With no counter weight in the back surprisingly it does not sag that much, but I do get some unwanted sag. My three previous trucks (all GM..done with them...another story) I added the timbrens in the front and it helped immensely. FYI, I have the plow prep package installed in my F350. Believe the FGWR for the axle is 6k#.

My questions is, should I get the timbrens for my F350? Or is there another option a little cheaper than timbren...an off-brand so to speak? I don't want to place air bladders or helper springs b/c the only sag I get is the ten or so times the plow is on the truck for the winter months. I found timbrens online for $195 and free shipping. I thought this was a pretty good price.

any help is appreciated.
  2. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

its a ford you dont need 2 add anything
  3. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Agreed, you should not need to do anything.
  4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I would also agree, none needed.
  5. LB1234

LB1234 Member

thanks gentlemen:waving:

I'm going to give it a try with the ballast in the back and see what happens. If I can save 200 bucks that would be greatpayup
  6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

If you have the diesel, then you need about 700lbs for ballast
  7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

And why is that? :dizzy: