1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Forced to demo new holland skid!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Dec 12, 2013.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Past storm, 3 am, 20 below air temp. Blow tire or ran off bead on our bc machine. Got a few ppl up at that hour and the nh dealer said go take one off of the lot. Mi tried 6 machines before one fired up. Ran a 225 I think it was. Brand new 1.2 hours. Over all decent machine but poor visibility out cab door with our pusher on..Kage 9fter. Also thought it was under powered pushing ....only had 3 inches. The cab was maybe roomer than mine. I likens the door better than mine..seemed more stout, shut better just don't like the cut out on the bottom of cab that you need to jump or lift foot over. I did like the radio speaker..more towards the head instead of down my legs on my skid. I also liked the air vents, more center around you unlike mine there all on the ceiling facing my head. My feet get cold in mine skid. I like getting in and out of the bc machine better than nh. The seat and ride is better in my skid. I also think I have more pushing power. I do not like filling the nh machine with diesel, kinda a weird place to get nozzle in and out. I am comparing this to our s650 bobcat. I also though the nh was faster in reverse than mine but maybe you can set that different. So would I trade our bc machines for nh....no. Not to offend those that have them or hate bc but at least I was able to run yet and try out a new machine!
  2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

<ENTER> key....

learn how to use it.
  3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Ok yes sir there mr Jason v.
  4. svc turf

svc turf Member

Man that was a tough read.
  5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Glad you didn't like it...Go Bobcat!:drinkup:
  6. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

lol wipensfan, so how many hrs did you rack it up to, was 1.2, you used?
  7. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

If I understand you correctly, you were able to get hold of your New Holland dealer at 3am and he told you to take one off the lot. IMHO, that is pretty darned good service. Where was your Bobcat dealer?
  8. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

^^^^ good question.
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

He was safe and sound in his bed, able to sleep like a baby knowing he sells a better skid steer than NH. :sleeping::yow!:
  10. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Complacency is the first step to defeat :nono:
  11. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

How many hours did you put on it? At least for me it takes awhile to feel productive when switching to another machine.

I do agree on the lower door corner thing, that was a poor design and hurts visablity. Was it hand and foot or EH controls?

That is impressive the dealer took care of you, did the Bobcat dealer not have anything?
  12. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Probably not answering the phone and giving the same garbage dealer support they have been giving for years. That's how they are here anyhow which is why we run Caterpillar, unmatched dealer support.
  13. tbi

tbi Member
    from CNY

Sales sells the first machine service sells the rest. This author has a lot to learn.