1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Forced Induction

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 2COR517, Apr 16, 2010.

1. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone running forced induction on a plow truck?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most Diesels built in the last 15 years run forced induction so I'd say yes plenty. :D
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Air gets forced in thru my grill, so yes I have forced induction :D:D I would think plowing with a supercharged or turboed gasser would suck behind for plowing. With all the extra mods necessary for it to work proper, the thing would be a friggin pig. Should ask if anyone has nitrous on the plow trucks?? lol Hit a nice 200 shot while stacking a big pile with the thing floored=bad but funny mess
  4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

ive got a 6-71 poking through my hood, that whine gets a little annoying after 10-12 hours but i alway have enough power to push anything.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A "blower" is always nice to have.....inside the truck......:laughing:
  6. truckboy

truckboy Junior Member
    from texas

My plow truck keeps staling when i put the brake on or turn the lights on? What's the prob?
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Easy. Leave the lights off, use a flashlight taped to the hood. Drop the blade when you want to stop.
  8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The problem is your trying to plow in Texas.