1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For you all that leave your pump on all year..

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Dr Who, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

What do you all do that leave the plow set up on the truck, only droping the blade, to keep crap out of your hydraulic fittings ?

Only have had a plow a couple years, 1st year I just left the blade on as I never drove it other then to plow. the next summer I had the pump in the basement as I junked the truck, but this year I am down to a couple vehicles, and my plow truck is my only truck.

I am not sure the best way to keep crap out of the hose conections, thought about a short hose to loop them together, or just get fittings to plug it off.

What are some other ideas or which would you choose, I think the loop hose would be the best, I have a couple old hoses as spares, and probably all the fittings as I like to have plenty of parts laying around!

its a e-47 if you want to know, the one in my avatar picture

2. Dave N

Dave N Junior Member
    from ct

i know the way the quick-connects hook up on our plow (e-47) one hose loops the two angle cylinders on the plow together and the other hose loops on the pump, so everything stays clean

3. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I leave mine for lack of any good place to put it. My E-60 has a couple of weather covers that fit into the connections on the pump. Should be same fittings as an E-47. Check out Meyers or S.A.M. parts, I bet you could find them there. I just plug to two hoses on the plow together to keep stuff out when it's off.

4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I have my clynders plumbed in to were they connect together, that way when I try to move the blade in the summer it trys to kill me!

The quick connects are on the pump, I just use female for one side and male for the other, that way I do not get the backwards again, try it that way with dyslexica!

I will have to look for the caps, but my connectors are not orginal, I got them at the local hydrolic shop, bet they are the same though!

5. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I'll bet they're close. Male one side, female the other, ball bearing tight quick connects. I'll try to get a quick picture when there's light tomorrow.

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

one hose on plow, one hose on pump. when you drop the plow, you plug the hose into the other quick connect on both plow and truck, so all connections stay clean.
    [​IMG]

7. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

i bought a couple weather caps at tractor supply. works great.