1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Trade 3 Holley Carbs For 3 Edelbrock Carbs

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 7tcutty, Oct 22, 2005.

1. 7tcutty

7tcutty Junior Member

i have 3 holley carbs all in great shape came off of running cars and trucks list numbers are
    84021-1 650 elec choke dual feed spreadbore
    1850-2 600 elec choke universal
    80457 600 elec choke performance

i want to trade for 3 edelbrock carbs

elec choke 600 cfm 1405
    elec choke 600 cfm 1406
    man or elec choke 750 cfm 1407

if you just want to buy the holleys thats cool ill sell them for 140$ each shipped TYD

or all three for 410 shipped TYD

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I'm with you, I hate Holleys. They're fine for racers who dont mind adjusting them every five minutes. Every one I ever had I just about wore out my hood springs opening the hood to adjust the carb. I bought an Edelbrock 6oo, bolted it on, hooked up a fuel line and never touched it again. I am sold on them, I've had three more since the first, all on different vehicles. I wont buy anything but Edelbrock if I ever need another carb. Sorry I cant be of any help, just wanted to chime in.
  3. 7tcutty

7tcutty Junior Member

thats fine dan im the same way my first carb was a 650 spreadbore and it ran like crap and i had to adjust its every morning just to get my car started.. i bought this last carb for the plow truck. and after i spent 10 hrs screwing with it to get it to run right.. it still wouldnt so i took the edel off my cutlass bolt on readj idle mix and speed and i can now brake tourqe the tires and punch it with no bog..

i really need a 600 on the truck intstead of that 750

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I'm the opposite. I've never had good luck or liked anything edelbrock but I've always had great experiences with Holley.
  5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I've never had an Edelbrock carb.

I've had a Holley 600 (model 1850) on my Beaumont's 350 for the past 14 years or so. Bought it brand new from Summit. Out of the box, on to the engine, checked everything, needed no adjustment. Never touched it again.

The Rochestor design is probably the most finicky, but the best overall once it is dialed in. Edelbrock makes them like this.

Edelbrock also makes carbs based on the old Carter AFB. Another good carb once you set it up, probably right inbetween the other two.

Holleys are usually popular due to its simplicity.
  6. 7tcutty

7tcutty Junior Member

my biggest problem with holleys is to adjust anything on the car it has to come apart. especialy if its on the car or truck PITA. and it your engine is nice and clean it wont be after your dump all the fuel from the bowls over you nice clean intake man..

edelbrocks have the same adjustability built in and they are allot simpler to adjust heck they even give you a step by step chart if you need to make adjustments. no power valves sticking gaskets fuel dumping all over the place constantly setting fuel level.. Ebrocks are a lot less hassle
    bolt the thing on the carb set the idle speed and mixture (i always use a vac gauge) and go out on the nearest back road and put the HAMMER DOWN!!

ive tried three diff holleys on my olds and couldnt get it to run worth a crap one 750 E brock and 10 minutes fine tuning it and it runs like a looter chased by the cops.