1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Those Who Plow With A Skid/CTL...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DozerMan, Mar 6, 2007.

1. DozerMan

DozerMan Junior Member

What do you guys use, or prefer, between a large straight blade or the Avalanche or Mammoth type box pusher? I might buy one for next winter for my Deere CT332. I'm kind of leaning toward the box pusher, because I plow a subdivision with 100+ units where we also plow the drives. I also have some wide open parking lots, and I have another pickup plowing with me. The driveways are a PIA with a truck. I thought maybe a box pusher would be ideal for backdragging the drives, but I've never used one. I don't really need a V-Plow, that's what I have on my truck. I guess I'm looking for the one that would perform the best on the driveways and in wide open bulk pushing.

Also, what would an 8'+ size box cost, and does it mount to the attachment plate or the bucket?