1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For those who have the 8' 2" V...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Pinky Demon, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Do you regret not going for the 9' 2" V?

2. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I have both but if i had to pick it would be the 9 2 just for time in clean up but i would never sell my 8 2 without having another one to take its place some places the 9 2 wont go like at a bank i have hate the drive thru just not wide enough for the 9 2 over all in smaller places the 8 2 is more plower friendly than the 9 2

3. allcraftsmen

allcraftsmen Junior Member

No I don't regret going with an 8'2". I've had a few 9'2" and liked them. The problem is when we switched to Chevys they just don't have the height to keep the wings from dragging on the ground here and there. Even the 8'2" drags once in a while. Unless you have a Dually or dump truck go with an 8'2" and spend the difference in cost towards a set of Boss Wing Extensions. Just my thoughts.

4. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

My first Boss was a 9'2" V, but now I run an 8'2" V with Boss wings and like it more

5. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

I love my 8 2 i really wanted the 9 but could get one so i just figured if i need i would just get wings but still haven't got them :( but i love my blade

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

have both, and definately prefer the 9'2"s but have never ran either with wings, so I can't speak to that.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think there is any reason not to get the 9-2. Unless you have a drive through or something like that it simply won't fit through. Wish I had gone bigger on my XV.

8. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

i use my 8' 2" for drive ways also so no way would i trade it for a 9er. Chevy all ready cries if you put anything over a 7 on a dmax truck, i can only imagine the problems when they find out the truck carries a 9 footer.

9. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Another XV guy here with his 2 cents.........depends on where you are plowing. If you are restricted in tight drives, suburbia America you probably want the 8'2". Other wise, go with the bigger plow. I went with the 9.5' on my 3/4 ton and am glad I did. Plowing long gravel drives, that extra width to stay away from the ditches is a beautiful thing. And what a swath of snow when the plow is straight!
    I was a little intimidated at the size of the bigger plow but have no regrets. +/- 130 lbs. makes no difference to the truck.........

10. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Used to plow with a 9 foot straight blade. Been plowing with a 8.2 V the last two winters and would never go back to the 9/staright.

I am however planning on making a set of wings for the 8.2. That way I can have the best of both worlds, depending on the snow conditions.

11. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i have 8'2" v-xt and since i'm bound to get into tight spots with my extended cab dually this blade just covers my truck since i have gotten a few lots that pay per push i'm considering the wings for it although pricy but will bring the plow out to ten feet wide

12. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Yes, I wish I had the 9'2"

13. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

eh, not really. If I had a 3500, I would of got a 9.2 Regardless, Id rather have a boss no matter what the size!!

14. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I own a 8.2 and have used a 9.2 in the past. I dont think you could go wrong with either so long as you buy the BOSS wings. The wings make the plow IMHO. If your area is prone to heavy wet snow, the 9.2 with wings might be getting a little big for lighter trucks.