1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For those that used to or now do plow for O'Rileys....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LwnmwrMan22, Dec 11, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I was just informed by certified letter today that as of Jan. 3, my contract is up with the local Checkers / O'Rileys Auto Parts, which I've done for various contractors since 2001.

For those that do an O'Riley now, or Checkers, or have lost them, do you know how they are currently being bid out?

Did another company try to go national like Checkers did about 3-4 years ago? Or are they responsible at each store now, instead of corporate?

2. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I have a buddy that manages one here and he just called me today telling me the district manager wanted a bid from me again for all 6 of the one's here since the guy that currently does them no-showed again this last week. My bids go through their District Manager who is out of Springfield, Mo., i'm hoping to get a hold of him tomorrow. I'll be sure and ask that.

3. big acres

big acres Senior Member

I wasted some time bidding lawn care for checkers through genisis in spring of 2007.

4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I got the same letter. Effective 30 days from the letter date service is terminated. I am in contact with the store mgrs to see if we can't figure out a way to go directly through them and the stores themselves. It is a big mess with the transition to O'reilly. They've closed one store and let a bunch of people go and demoted others.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, an employee of mine said that O'Riley bought out Checkers, which I didn't believe, since they just built a new O'Riley store about 1/2 mile from the Checkers, even though Checkers is in a MUCH better location.

I've got a call into corporate, but I'll also have to stop and talk with the manager too I guess.

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050