1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For those that asked

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Edgewater, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

There was an old thread about Montreal and using tractors for residential drives.

It was said that they use inverted blowers. Many asked what they were. Here is a pic. This is a local company that operates more than 50 of these and does over 6000 drives. On average, it takes 45 seconds to 1 minute for a 20 foot wide by 60 foot long drive. No lawn damage and no high piles blocking view near the road. They took about 6 hours to get a 12 inch storm cleared up.

2. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

here are oics

cnv0053.jpg

3. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Clear a driveway in 45 seconds with no lawn damage... What about window and siding damage? Them things must be throwing some serious snow:eek: :eek: .

5. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

If a driveway extends past the side of a house or in an area where there is no place to throw the snow, they just drop the blower which has a scraper with down pressue and just drag forward, filling the bucket untill they can fire it up and let the snow rip.

Many of the blowers have two hydraulic cylinders that control the angle of the top part of the chute. small blowers only have one, allowing you to blow the snow slightly towards the ground. With these machines, you can actuall blow the snow straight down net to the tractor. This makes them great it tight spot.

They are really cool to see in parking lots. They then often have a blade on the front. They make windrows and then blow them clear:eek:

6. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Blower

What brand blower is that, and where can I purchase one in Ontario. I have a place in Meaford, Ontario and the all have the blowers on the backs that you have to drive in revers:realmad: .
    Thank you,
    Scott

7. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

http://www.pronovost.qc.ca/constra.html

that is the site for the manufacturer.

they are in quebec, but you may find some near you. Another company is Normand. I don't know where they are.

The ones you want are the inverted models.

hope that helps

8. SYL

SYL Junior Member
    from ottawa

Hi all,

I have seen them often in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada also. This is only a 2hr drive from Montreal but i did not get a chance to see the make.

sly

9. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

Hi Edgewater
    Is the company you are talking about Rick`s Snow Removal, just curious because I used to work for him.:drinkup:

10. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

Bonzai,

No that's grizzly.

Rick's son work's for me doing lawns, and I may end up doing walkways for Rick.

Adam

11. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

Please say hi to Rick.my name is Phil, he may remember me I worked for one of his subs named Bill Kishka in 90-92, great guys. I sure had alot of fun for the 2 years I worked there.