1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For those of you wanting sponsorship.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbunny, Dec 28, 2004.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Junior Member

I've got a great thing going here, I've bought the contracts of fourteen different guys here, and counting :salute: . The interesting thing about it is, that I do all the bargaining. I manage all monies etc, for a small commission. I do all of their 'grunt work' that everybody HATES to do. Several gentlemen approached me, and since companies come to me for people to do their plowing, I want my guys to make the most money.(i.e I make money) I approached Western and Boss and gave them a taste of who would potentially see their product. This is a huge marketing tool. Both are willing to cover each of my 'top' (Larger Accounts) trucks with monthly tune-ups and inspection. Absolutely no expense to me, but of course, we all come out with top of the line equipment and commission, of course. :gunsfiring:
  2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

So your a manager from what company? Are you affilated with any other companys mentioned on this site ? Just wondering myself. I do get contacted once in a while by some of the management companys around the U.S., and may be interested in what you have to offer.
  3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

who's contracts did you buy that are members of this board?
  4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

Help me understand:
    You bought contracts, with money, already signed,but you do the "barganing" ?
    Boss and Western will give you tune-ups and inspections ? not equipment? My diesel trucks don't get tune-ups, annual inspection (state safty inspection) once a year. $ 10.00. Gas engines only need spark plugs every 50,000 miles. Or will they inspect their equipment ?
    So these contractors, that had contracts to plow snow, will buy new equipment (Boss or Western) and become your sub contractors.
    Did I get this right ?
  5. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

maybe its the new yorker in me that thinks this is either BS or a scam

any part of this sponsership involve giving credit card numbers?
    best way to scam men is to pretend your a snowbunny!

I just want to know the members of this board who you own contracts on .
  6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Sounds Great! Send us the info! I'd love to glance it over! Hey, if they can get even more positive exposure - in different regions of the country, this would help you, too!
  7. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

It must be the New Yorker in me also, I have to agree with you.
  8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I would think a plow manufacturer would get enough exposure with their name on the plow or salt spreader that everyone has. I bet I see 100 trucks or more a day with either a plow on or I just see the bracket. That's exposure.
  9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The closest I can imagine this to be is a Management Company (ie: US Maintenance). But I didn't know manufacturers would provide any services. His saying he does all the bargaining, manage all monies, does grunt work, this is a great thing, people are coming to him, etc sounds like what I understand US Maintenance does.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  10. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Let's give him a chance to explain himself furture and just see what he has to say...
  11. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I may be in Colorado now, but I was born in Flushing. BS. :rolleyes:
  12. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

If you can’t steal from yourself your employees will! Small business 101 :nono:
  13. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Bunny, please answer my 5 questions about your post, I am a little confused...

You wrote "I've bought the contracts of fourteen different guys here, and counting." and "I do all the bargaining. I manage all monies etc, for a small commission. I do all of their 'grunt work' that everybody HATES to do."

1. Well, if you bought the contracts, what bargaining needs to be done?

2. Why does the money need to be managed, and in what way?

3. What are the names of the 14 guys here?

4. Are the people who see the Western and Boss products the clients that are looking for someone else to plow their properties and not clients interested in purchasing their own plowing equipment...or are they the guy's that are your sub-contractors that already have their own equipment and sold you the contracts in the first place (and why would they sell you their contracts in the first place and then do the work for you)?

5. Please explain your last statement: "Absolutely no expense to me, but of course, we all come out with top of the line equipment and commission, of course"...how do you come out with top of the line equipment and how does everybody else come out with any commissions?

I see some of my fellow Snow Professionals here seem to be thinking "Scam" and "Rip Off", please reply to these simple questions and hopefully you can explain away their thoughts of such words...and by the way, some of the guys are wondering if you are a man or woman, got a pic? :cool:
  14. Rainman

Rainman Junior Member

I'm in Canada but the New Yorker is coming out of me as well.
    Total BS if you ask me!
  15. proshare

proshare Member

Well guys I didnt want to be the first to steer this thread in a neg direction so I waited a while....lolol thanks for affirming my gut feeling.
    Im in a NY state of mind;)
    The first sentence says it all:
  16. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

there are a ton of people getting scammed with car sponsor scams, it involves you paying with your credit card to list yourself and what not.

I just have a feeling that this is along those lines
    why bother hiring someone to collect your money for you and paying them a commission? I know my fiance would be more then happy to do it for me if I was so busy, or I would just hire a bookeeper.
  17. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Man, you guys are ruthless!! I think when the poster said "14 guys here", he meant Davenport, Iowa, where he's posting from. Also, this guy only has 3 posts. Do you think he'll come back and reply to any of these messages??

I would think the "tuneups" he's talking about are for the plows themselves.. I can imagine you drive into your friendly _____________ (insert dealer name here) and they look at your plow, tell you what needs to be done, then hand you an estimate. Then again, HE may be paying for that as a benefit to YOU his loyal sub contractor. Kinda like preventative maintenance, helps to make sure you can show up to plow.. We all do that now as it is and I would bet that most operators will pass on that benefit.

Money management might include taxes, unemployment insurance, taxes, any type of benefits he may offer, taxes, billing, taxes, and collecting payments.. oh, and taxes..

I know there are a few wrecker companies around here that do nothin but manage sub contractors.. They don't offer tuneups or anything like that but, you can rest assured, they DO make money managing contracts. Average for a sub here is about $50/hr, YOU pay for insurance and license too..

Don't blast me now, I'm just lookin at this a little different than most..
  18. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey kl0an...

If I was ruthless I would ask what a "back plade" was! :eek:

Just kidding... :jester:
  19. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I think being a Chicago guy I'm just as sceptical as the New Yorkers. Maybe its because we can't go out for a nice dinner in the city without someone asking for money because they just ran out of gas and need to catch a bus and if you will just give them your adress they will (rob your house) I mean send you a check. It would be interesting to see how it works.
  20. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Thanks a bunch Plowman.. Wow, and it only took 180 posts for someone to catch that. hehe.. I'm surprised I didn't see it myself.. :drinkup: