1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For those interested in SnowDoggs/Saltdoggs-VIDEOS

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by deere615, Feb 12, 2011.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Well theres alot of reading material on the newer snowdogg plows and spreaders But I have a bunch of videos of my Snowdogg 8ft EX and Saltdogg poly 1.5yard v box so I figured I would put them here for those who never saw them and want to get a visual of these. Yes I am happy with mine They have had their little problems but these things are worth the price IMO.

Videos, I have multiple other videos on both my accounts feel free to check them out

Snowdogg Plow quick preview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HGcYWpzFd8

Mounting/hooking up procedure for the snow dogg:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1vW95eJhIo

SnowDogg plow in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlRhsslNCUk

Saltdogg spreader overview when i first got it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umrKyRw9hUc

SaltDogg throughing salt:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moy5dUW61DY

Oh and for any intereste heres a quick one of the Snowdogg XP that was at the fair in the summer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOy9bhRoks

2. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Hey looks great thanks for posting. ever since seeing your setup ive been thinking of getting a snowdogg. i have a question, how did the mout affect the ground clearence during the summer? thanks

3. deere615

The mounts on snowdoggs do sit a bit lower than some others. It never hurt/hit/bothered anything in the summer, but in the winter I still scrape on a few things here and there not too bad though mostly bottoms of steep/uneven hills which we have a ton here in pittsburgh!

4. njsnowremoval

How low? I go off roading trough camp trails and cant loose too much. if thats the case i might go with an fisher x blade i can get them for around the same price and dont loose too much ground clearence.

5. lovemyboss

lovemyboss Junior Member

saltdogg spreader

the spreader is great but watch going up steep driveways from flat roads when loaded while your dragging! i ripped the spreader right off and had to redesign the whole thing:mechanic:

6. njsnowremoval

I take it your talking of a hich mount spreader?

7. lovemyboss

lovemyboss Junior Member

the spinner is an easily removable component when not in use for those times at playxysport

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice advice!

And nice videos to the OP. I shoulda bought a Salt Dogg, but went with a used Snow-Ex instead. It's not bad, but they are really expensive.

9. deere615

Not much lower than others I dunno I never measured. You DONOT want to be offroading ie going on trails with steep hills and mud, with any plow truck. any mount will hold you up. a mount thats 1 inch lower will be no different than other plow mounts when it comes to that. I took the blue truck once and never again, it holds you up too much. That mud never comes out of every little spot on that truck buy a seperate truck if your going to do that.
    Hmm Never had that problem. I do some pretty steep hills (I mean I live in Pitssburgh!) and had the truck loaded before. But my timbrens help alot from keeping it from sagging. My tailgate snowex did do that at one place but I made a custom mount for it so it sits higher now
    I love how fast it removes!
    Thanks! Yeah its a great spreader like mentioned before though the controller just sucks buyers really needs to get on that

10. njsnowremoval

Im not talking heavy trails but i need the truck to go over whatever i throw at it. one person suggested taking the mount off during the summer but i think ill just deal with it and if i know the terrain is going to be horrific take dads truck or take the mount off.

11. deere615

You are not going to want to take the mount on/off reguarly. No would I recommend taking "daddys" truck when you want to go beat on it...

12. lovemyboss

lovemyboss Junior Member

brant i bought my in bed 1 1/2 yard salt dogg for just over 3 grand with delivery from millsupply.com it runs great its about 5 hundred pounds liter than a stainless steel and you have total control of spinner speed and auger speed so you can throw a little material or alot you can throw it wide for parking lots or very narrow for driveways im very happy with it

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Cool. Thanks for the review! I will probably be buying one next year. You can never have enough salt spreaders.

14. deere615

Or trucks or plows, its never ending:D

15. Brant'sLawnCare

I'm in the same boat! :rolleyes: payup lol

16. deere615

17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Love the video's! How are you liking the VX? I'm loving mine.

18. deere615

Thanks so far I like it takes a little more getting used to than a straight blade but the ability to carry snow is so nice

19. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

post a video of your v in action please

20. deere615