1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? for the snowdogg rep if available...

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by buckhigh, Oct 21, 2008.

1. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

I have a 2002 Chevy 2500hd and was wondering if the front bumper will need any modifications if I were to choose your plow. Hoping to stay away from cutting slots into the plastic molding or removing it period. Any insite would be helpful. Thanks

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I'm not sure on this particular model. On GM's I usually see the following scenarios.

1. No modification required
    2. A separate airdam piece (2-3") that can be removed
    3. Notching into the tow hook holes on the bumper

With #3, if this is done cleanly it doesn't look bad. I think this is more common with the later model's with all the plastic.

You need about 12"-13" of ground clearance roughly in-line with the truck frame.

Scott Moorman
    BPC / SnowDogg Plows

3. MOfescue

MOfescue Junior Member
    from MO.

headlight adapter

smoorman, could you tell me what the part number for the headlight adapter is for a 2008 dodge ram 2500 diesel. The dealer says there are two different one's for my truck, they gave me part # 16071030 hb1 this does not fit my headlights. Also has the relay harness changed at all from early production,the reason I ask is my plow has been sitting around for awhile, and is most likely early production. Any other info would be greatly appreciated . Oh by the way I have a EX 8 .Thank you.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

A 2008 Dodge should be an H13 headlight, 16071100. This the hi/lo replaceable bulb with a smaller connector than the HB1 and HB5's. The older Dodges have used HB1's and HB5's over the last couple versions.

The changes to the relay harness only affected installs for vehicles with switched ground (99-02 GM and 99-00 Dodges). Anything you've got should be fine for a 2008 Dodge.

Scott
    BPC / SnowDogg plows

5. MOfescue

MOfescue Junior Member
    from MO.

Thank you for your response the dealer gave me 1671100 I will install tonight. My next question is why does my controller flash red twice then green repeatedly when it is on the manual does not give me a status code. Also would like to ad fluid what fluid is used, I have S.A.M. blue but don't want to mix unless it is OK. Thank you in advance.

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

SAM is fine - all blue fluids are interchangeable (really - we've tested).

The controller will flash 1,2,3 or 4 times to indicate a problem with one of the channels
    1 flash - red wire - motor starter relay
    2 flashes - blue wire - DROP valve
    3 flashes - green wire - LIFT/ANGLE valve
    4 flashes - orange wire - ANGLE valve

It flashes to indicate that a channel has gone open or short (even if just for a second).

Because of this - if you disconnect and reconnect the plow with the controller on - it will flash twice, thinking that you've lost channel 2. Turn the controller off and back on, and it will reset.

If the flashing continues, check your blue wire and all of the connections (pay close attention to the firewall) to make sure nothing is crimped or damaged.

Scott

7. MOfescue

MOfescue Junior Member
    from MO.

smoorman, thanks for the codes it good to have. I topped off the fluid and installed the light harness everything seems to work perfectly. I can't wait to put it to work. Thanks for all of your help.