1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For the IL guys salting

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bporter, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

I'm getting salt for about 140 a ton deliverd how much up charge would you guys put on that. I don't even know Double seems to be alot to me?

Also I know this kinda of sounds crazy but in a bid they asked for pricing on different salt substitutes for whatever reason and they want a price on Sinders, was wondering if anyone had an info on this or even any type of a price per a certin amount I can put down.

Thanks
    Brian

2. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I think its called "cinders" as in the stuff left over after a fire. Its from long ago when people would put this down on ice. I guess (from what my Dad tells me) it works. What the environmental ramifications would be, I don't know. Where one would get them anymore I have no idea. Maybe a coal fired power plant???