1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For the higher ups at Snoway.......

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by dmontgomery, Jan 21, 2007.

1. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

There is a thread in the BOSS forum about the new wings they have for their plows.... Looks and sounds like a home run......

Come on Snoway......lets see your stuff.........

Derek
    (happy Snoway owner!!!)

2. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

i'll make you a set for $700payup

3. dmontgomery

Thanks but no thanks......I want the quality and reliability of a Snoway product.....

4. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

pffft:salute:

5. payton

payton Senior Member

im sorry but ive gotta laugh..

2 of my drivers have 9' snoway blads and guess whos always the ones breaking down..

its not my boss nor the other trucks with fishers or myers..

and to be honest one of the snoway blades is getting traded out for a new blizzard..

but good luck with the quality and reliability..

6. dmontgomery

and there's no chance that your drivers may be the differenciating factor here???

after 5 years of use with no breakdowns failures or repairs....... I am sold........

I'm glad you were able to get a laugh....:waving:

7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I dunno ..... I've had my sno-way attached to my K3500 crew cab since 1997. Plowing large industrial, town home communities, streets, etc. I have been the only one in my group who has not broken down, ever. Westerns, fishers, boss ... all had an issue or two but, not my sno-way. Maybe your guys didn't want to work anymore and caused the breakage or they were not maintained.

8. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

mine have always been reliable. but.....
    . were talking steel for a plow not sending a man to the moon. the actual problem is that it would void your warranty if i made you one. not that mine would be of a lessor quality or unreliable.

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have been using 3 Snoway plows for over 7 years and it is mostly commercial plowing. I have NEVER had a problem. I maintain my stuff like anyone should. Western and Meyers both broke down on me. Snow way will be my plow of choice till I quit plowing. :redbounce

10. I use my ST to plow a few commercial lots (along with a couple driveways) so mine probably gets put through the mill more than most people since they would use a much larger plow to do the same lot. My little ST has been a champ, I only needed to replace the solenoid two weeks ago and that it. She's a good little work horse! :waving:

Now that I've said this, there's probably a puddle of hydraulic fluid in my driveway now! hehe

But a brand new sno-way plow with wings would be sweet!

11. dmontgomery

I am also curious what you define as "always"........seems a little silly to own plows that ALWAYS break down, technically it's not really a plow then....its just a useless, expensive hunk of steel and plastic

always..... ......that would imply that they have never once been of use.....

If they are always broken then why do they still own them?

12. payton

payton Senior Member

first of all lets start out by saying .. both snowways. my boss and the fishers are always stored inside.

washed after each use.(my v is then waxed) not sure if they wax theres or not.

hooked first snowway up this year and well it was dead! nothing.. wouldnt do ****. ended up being a bad controler. ok that can happen.

2nd snow way hooked up and worked fine. 4 hours out. it burns up a sylenoid(sp)

blade was dead.. so we unhooked the the other truck- plow hooked up the ohter truck to get the plow picked up. he headed to the dealer for a new one.. no big deal things happen right.
    hooked the truck back up to the snowway. 5 mins later its dead.. nothing.. ended up losing they line so we could chain it to my v to get it picked up. got him on the way to the shop.. what was it. the valves one of the broke and locked up the pump.

that was just one day this year.

yeah every manf. has problems but after all that i dont hold snoway very high in reliablity.

granted ive had a few problems with my boss. but nothing that has required a trip to the shop. ive always been able to fix it on site.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Funny, I use Snoway for their reliability though Boss and Blizzard hydraulics are equally durable.

I was wondering how old these plows are?

14. payton

payton Senior Member

my boss v is 99 i think ill admit it this past fall. due to a car hitting me last year.

all that was replaced- both sides of v and new cutting edges..

both 9ft snoways were purchased around the same time.. 99-00

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That era Blade the controls are a breeze to fix. Hope you didn't trash the control. rocker switches are cheap.

How did the valve break?
    At that point they would have been fenner hydraulics probably with delta manifolds.

16. payton

payton Senior Member

i honestly dont know what happen to the controler im sure kev's still got it in his shop some where.

with the hydros i didnt see it tore apart so im not 100% sure what broke or how.

to be honest these two plows are the only 2 ive been around from snoway. so it could be user abuse. but then again there no harder on there plows then i am on my boss.

i just found it funny with your comment orginally. like i said all manf. have good and bad.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sure they do, just like every other manufacturer in the world. I love Jeep, but this Liberty I have right now is about to niggle me to death. So what it's got 36/36 warranty won't ever see 36000 miles if it spends the next 36 months in the shop. But I bet I trade it for another Jeep.