1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For the guys with timbrens

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by The mayor, Jan 8, 2009.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has ever bent suspenion parts running timbrens. I would think running timbrens something else would get stressed out or bent.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

My leaf springs need to be re-sprung or replaced. Although this problem was starting before I added the Timbrens hence the reason for them.

They did not prevent it but I believe I would be riding on my tires had I not installed them. I am upgrading to 1 Ton springs in a couple weeks until then I have been limiting how much I salt I load now. These are on a 2500 HD Dodge with the 8900# GVW

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 04 ram 2500 funny thing my 98 had a set of helper springs that carried alot more weight
    had to do airsprings in the rear to handle the v-box

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

Ive seen a few dodge 1 tons roll the rear frame rail lip up . the biggest thing is not to carry to much (10 lb of shi%#^& t in a 5 lb bag !) i :realmad:can put just a little bit more on !!!!!!
  5. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I run timbrens, slam my trucks with too much weight and have never broke or bent anything because of it in 11 years.
  6. topgunn

topgunn Junior Member

I have them on the front of my gmc3500 and work great. just one problem they do the 4x4 crawl in 2x4 anyone experienced this