1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For the guys using snow blower for walks and Etc...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MICHPLOWER, Aug 18, 2010.

for the few of us that use 2stage snow blowers, how do you get them up and down from the trucks. Ramps, homemade or store bought. any other ideals last year i use homemade ones but ater a couple sidewalk jobs it gets old fast any help please
  2. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i use ramps i got from tractor supply store.(TSC). these ramps have the same material of a landscape trailer ramp. ( wire mesh) i have used other ones but they get too slippery.hope this helps
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

We used to use Simplicity 10 HP. 2 stagers. We made wooden ramps with sections of small chain nailed across them for traction. I did this for years, and yah, it gets old fast! If you're just doing sidewalks then try a single stage. It's smaller, lighter and faster.
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

With the old van we used wood ramps, the cube has a slide out ramp, works slick.
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I use a set of tri-fold aluminum ramps from Northern Tool. They work well and they're light.
  6. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Unless you had a back plow, I think one of these would be FANTASTIC!

7. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

^ I was thinking that as well. Just watch out backing up.
  8. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

I'll tell ya what I like, They make this like bear claw grippy stuff out of galvanized for cat walks and steps (I've seen them used for steps at Menards in the Lumber area. I get them from my steel supplier near Dodge Center Mn. I had to beef them up, but I run a 4000# 4x4 Boomer up these babies 9' length up 56" to the back of my C60 4x4 and BOY is it a narly trip up that slope, There is NO slip no matter how cold or icey.
  9. clydebusa

clydebusa Member

I pull a 6x10 drop gate trailer. My 1 ton chevy just sets too high to mess with ramps when the ramps get slick with ice and snow build up. I have a reciever salt spreader so it is some work to get set up. Would love to do something else, but this is the best I have found

Thanks everyone, a lot of helpful info out there. Hope everyone has a good snow removal season. best of luck to everyone.