1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? For The Dodge Heads

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mee1777, Oct 16, 2003.

1. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

I just bought a fisher mm under carrige from a freind for 50 bucks but it was off a gas job 2500 ext cab... will it work on my cummins 2500 ext cab.. the gas motor truck was a 2001 and mine is a 2002 old style not the new..
    thanks in advance
    Allen

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yep,it is exactly the same,it will bolt right up. :D

3. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

hey i just tried to put it on ... i have one small problem when i had the frame up and on the bolts that hold the sway bar im guessing ?(im not sure what its called) it has 4 bolts and it swings down... when i put that back up the bolts arent long enough... am i just doing something rong or do i need longer bolts... oo do these things usually go on pretty easy cause im havin a hell of a time.. thanks
    allen

4. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

I think the push plate assy. comes with longer than factory bolts to accomodate the extra steel you are installing. It should work if you are using the same mounting bolts that came with the assy. From the looks of mine they aren't the factory ones that held the sway bar in place since they aren't quite long enough. Then again, I had the dealer install mine and I'm glad I did. More than I wanted to bother with betwen wiring harnesses, mounts and hardware. They do so many of them, that they can get it done in their sleep. I'd be scraping knuckles and cussing.

5. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

haha true man im like that to.. the only reason im doing mine is im really board and have like a week off from work some just taking my time..
    thanks for the replys guys.. i bought the bolt kit today.. thanks again
    allen