1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For some of us Ford Powerstroke guys

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Scottscape, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

ok boys lets hear it. 7.3 or 6.0?? I like my 7.3 but have never driven a 6.0

2. rcracing17

rcracing17 Junior Member

i would take either LOL....i love ford's

3. Jray3369

Jray3369 Junior Member

havnt heard to many good things about them, the 6.0 that is. They have alot of software problems. They are supposed to fix the problem with a new design next year so i have heard. 6.4, new programs and bored out version of the 6.0. I wouldnt buy a 6.0. I am planning on getting a 03 7.3 some day. We will see. Just me .02 Jordan

The 7.3 has been out for a long time and has had plenty of time to gat the bugs worked out, if the 6.0 was so good, why am i hearing things about a 6.4 in the future? just food for thought.

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I've driven both, and I like the 6.0 better, but I am hearing a lot of not-so-good things about them. Supposedly, IHC raised the boost pressure on the motor and made it a smaller displacement and has since caused problems. I have more faith in the 7.3.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I think they stopped making the 7.3 in 2002, and launched the 6.0 platform in 2003. I have never driven a 7.3 but love my 6.0. No problems. I would probably prefer the 7.3 but I wanted my truck...:rolleyes: Wanna drive a new 6.4 Twin Turbo the day they hit the lots though....:D :D

6. beungood

beungood Member

7.3 reserected

I heard they werer dropping the 6.0 and bringing back the 7.3

7. Go Pats

Go Pats Junior Member

7.3 vs 6.0

I've had a 2 of each, the 7.3 was a good motor, but it did have its problems. I had a few different glow plug problems, it was always a chore to start in the cold, and my favorite - to change the oil pan in a 4x4 you had to take the motor out of the truck. The new 6.0 has more horsepower and feels a lot more like a gas motor. There's not as much of a power delay when you first step on the pedal, its a little quieter, and better on gas. So far the only problems Ive had is the radio shuts off a few times when I first start the truck and Ford can't explain it, and the $100.00 air filter. All said though, I like the 6.0 better.

8. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

i got a 7.3 and love it, it does what i want it to do and handles the work i give it and in a couple weeks i will be able to hang with the 6 slo . the 6.4 is supposed to be a mean motor we will jsut have to wait and see

9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You couldn't give me a 6.0. 7.3 all the way baby. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!

10. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave Senior Member

NOT TRUE 6.4 liter twin turbo is the next motor.

11. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave Senior Member

7.3 all the way, better for towing, better on fuel than the 6 leaker. The 6 leaker made me a Dodge man now. Still have my 7.3, but my 6.0 only lasted a year in the driveway, then came the mighty cummins. With the 6 leaker I had headgasket problems, wheel bearing problems, clunks, EGR....etc. Id be here all day if I go on.

12. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

They are both awesome.

-Thann

13. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

7.3 is the way to go! :gunsfiring: 6.0

14. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I swear by my 7.3L

Hi

I know a few guy's with the 6.0L they swear at it!

and I swear by my 7.3L!

15. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I have a 7.3 all stock with about 230,000 miles on it and it still runs great and the towing power :nod:

16. Boycea

Boycea Member
    from MA

The reason why they are coming out with the 6.4L is due to stricter emissions standards. I am currently running both and I have to pick the 6.0 over the 7.3

17. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

I think I would test drive something else!! I have hade both the 6.0 and 7.3.. It is waorth the extra money. I wish FORD would just close their doors, the world would be a better place, with one less unrespectable company.

18. ferdelance

ferdelance Junior Member
    from MD

6.0, only way to go.

19. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

6.0 all the way. I have 2 - 7.3 and and new 06' with the 6.0, the 6.0 is faster and stronger than my 7.3 for regular driving, towing, and plowing. Dont get me wrong I like the 7.3 but compared to my new truck, if it was up to me when plowing 12 hrs straight I'll take the 6.0

Ken

20. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Never drove the 7.3 but I have 55,000 on my 6.0 and love it. Plenty of power decent fuel mileage. I have had to have fan clutch replaced last year. This year fuel pump went on it. Other than that flawless.