1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale Whelen Mini Edge $320

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by fisher guy, Mar 9, 2010.

1. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

hey everyone I got another Whelen Mini Edge for sale. shes a nice one at a good price

specs: Whelen Mini Edge

easy to mount only 2 wires

Permament mount

15 ft of power cable

Mounting feet

Brand new AMBER lenses

Double Flash Pattern

4 strobe

no switch-box required just 1 toggle switch

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

020.JPG

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What is it, a mag. mount converted to a perm mount? I've never even heard of a Perm. mount with only 2 wires. They all come with an upgradeable board, meaning you can just plug an play the add ons.

3. fisher guy

price is $300 not $320 sorry that was a typo

as far as i can tell it has not been converted i got it from a friend a couple weeks ago because i was holding it for someone on here but since i havent heard from the person im putting it up here for sale i do know its not a 9m just a regular edge nothing fancy so im not to sure on the history of this particular bar

4. fisher guy

bump bump bump

5. kj330

kj330 Member

what is the pattern on it? is it the comet or double???

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I might be interested in making a deal, but I would first need a picture of the board within the light to know for sure which one it is.

7. fisher guy

its a double flash pattern

8. fisher guy

lol thats defiantly a first repo man i never had someone ask to see the board but i think i can accommodate you i try to get a pic later tonight when i get back home from the g/f's....i dont think she would like the idea of me ditching her to take apart a mini edge lol

9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

How old is it and did you get from a real store or the dollar store (harbour freight & or northern tool)

10. kj330

kj330 Member

i will give you 200. shipped to CT. i will pay you with paypal tonight. these bars with a warranty are 199.00 all day long. and the funny thing is its the same tape job and packaging on that box. as the five i have gotten from ranger..

11. fisher guy

not sure on exact age of bar. It was ordered for a member on here from one of my strobe guys and the member never sent payment so on the forum it goes. IT IS A USED bar i do know that but has brand new lenes and May have newer parts in it and works well I offer no guarantees except that it will not arrive DOA....ALSO the price is wrong its $300 not $320 it was a typo

12. kj330

kj330 Member

fisherguy. let me know if you get 300 out of that bar. if you do i will put up the five i have for sale and then upgrade to liberties..

13. fisher guy

thanx for the offer but im gonna have to pass i've dealt with ranger as well and honestly hes where the saying you get what u pay for came from. theres a reason why whelen is sueing him. hes got such a bad rap from the quality of bars he produces. quick lil story about ranger services. i bought a bar from him a while ago thinking "hey i got a good deal" well when i got the bar i opened the box and all the guts in the bar weren't even bolted down to the frame. Well to avoid sending the bar back down to texas to get him to fix it along with paying the Labor rates and the shipping both ways I open the bar up and screw it down myself bar worked fine after that cool so i sent him a message on ebay telling him what happend to the bar and how i was disappointed with the lack of quality control he has. he then sends me a nasty email telling me that he appreciated my input and that he was canceling my warranty and if i want a better quality bar buy somewhere else "what did u think u were getting for that price"?. I wasnt even that mad so it caught me very off guard. i can see him saying that if i ripped him a new one but i didnt thats the thing. So there is why i do not deal with mike debaker

14. kj330

kj330 Member

fisher guy, thanks for the little story. but i will take it with a grain of salt. i only ordered the last two bars off ebay. the rest were picked up in person from Debaker while on business down there. and he has been in the business for years. he is a large company with a good reputation there. and does a ton of business with the municipalities there.i checked him out with the local business beauro down there and there were no complaints at all. sorry for your bad experience but all of mine have been flawless.i have 5 so far and i recomend him to everyone. JMO

15. fisher guy

dont get me wrong i didnt mean he's all bad and no one should buy from him i've heard some good and bad stories about his products but me personally he just comes off as a jerk. just from the ways he perceives himself in his emails and stuff like that but thats just my opinion. my legitimate beef with him is whats inside those bars he sells that makes them so cheap. Right now he is being sued by Whelen for patent infringement that i know for a fact you can just google it whelen vs debaker as far as the specs of the case ived HEARD now im NOT 100% positive but i've heard it was because he was selling whelen light bars with chinese power supplies & strobes and passing them off as full whelen bars. Now it may sound not sound like a big deal to you but i'd be pretty P.Oed if i found out if i just bought a $6-700 edge shell and it had all chinese electronics and then a month later becomes a 48" paperweight....but hey at least it looks good. I will give the man props though hes got pretty good prices on lenses though and they look good to. It really comes down to the old saying " dont be surprised if u get what you payed for " or my other favorite "if it sounds to good to be true it probally is"

16. fisher guy

morning bump price set at $300 any takers

17. fisher guy

bump bump bump