1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For sale: Western 2500 Tailgate Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by GLS, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Selling a like-new Western model 2500 low-profile spreader. Purchased on November 15, 2008 and used during the month of December.

The unit will hold about 10 50# bags of deicer. Mounts to a standard reciever hitch. Has adjustable feed gates that will shut completely. Also has adjustable deflector.

DOES NOT INCLUDE CONTROLLER OR WIRING HARNESS. As shown in the pictures, it comes with salter and vehicle side plugs. You will have to run your own wiring and hook it up to a simple on/off switch or use your own controller.

We are asking $800 for this unit. We paid $1,500 new.

Local pickup is preferred, but shipping could probably be arranged -- buyer pays all shipping charges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GLS

GLS Senior Member

3. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Just curious why are you selling it? And where are you in moline. I might be interested

4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

why would you cut the wires off like that?? do you have all the paper work??

5. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I am selling because we really don't need three salters, and we prefer the snowex spreaders.

The wires are very easily spliceable. You only need the 2 (the other 2 small gauge wires are for stop lamp (not used) and accessory). The think the wire is probably about 8 gauge, but we spliced using weatherproof 12-10 gauge heat-shring butt-splice connectors (available at any auto parts store). All you would have to do is run 2 10 gauge wires to the cab on a switch. An on/off switch I think would work fine since you have the adjustable deflector and flow gates.

I have all paperwork.

6. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

I'm pretty interested besides the wire's to the cab for the on/off switch do you have to run anything to the batt. or does it get the power from the cab wires?Thanks

nick

7. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I would run the ground wire straight to the battery. Then with an on/off switch in the cab, run one positive wire from the switch to the salter, and another from the switch to the battery. It would actually be fairly simple. You would just need a heavy duty switch.

8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

What happened to the controller? Go bad on you?

9. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Controller is still good, it is being used in one of the trucks. We have three trucks, but are just running 2 salters. Third truck is for backup purposes.

10. GLS

GLS Senior Member

$750 anyone? It's in like-new condition!!

11. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

Still have it? Can I give you $750 and ship it to me? or $600 and I come get it?

12. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Sorry, looking for $750 + shipping costs.

13. bank32

bank32 Member

find out how much to ship to a business in 19128 with loading dock and fork truck. i will give you 750+shipping. Al 267-716-6982 Call me so we can make payment/shipment.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  14. GLS

GLS Senior Member

bank32 -- PM sent.

15. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Still for sale...Only $750!!!

16. bank32

bank32 Member

tried calling 267-716-6982

17. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member