1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale Westen V-Box Speader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by grizzlycj, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

Western V-Box Spreader. Has the 8.5 Briggs and Straton engine. Also, longer chute for flat bed trucks. 1500 dollars. Cash Only. I am in Columbia, MO

DSCN1162.jpg

DSCN1164.jpg

DSCN1166.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

DSCN1177.jpg

2. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

going on ebay if no one is interested

3. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

New Price $1300

4. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Would it fit in a pickup?

5. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

Yes it will fit but the chute would drag on the ground because it longer. It is more for a flatbed because of the longer chute.

6. be250

be250 Junior Member
    from kc mo.

hi,

hi, i'm in kc mo. have you used it ?does it run? more pics please. inside shots? how old ?is it on ebay ? thanks barry

7. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

it works fine. you can see it run. it is not on ebay. I will get more pictures soon.

8. rusty_keg_3

Ok, well its a 09 Chevy Silverad0 3500 HD, its pretty tall... So would that change your anwser?

9. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

It might work, but I am not going to guarantee it will fit the bed it was in was 3.5 to 4 ft tall. When I bought it I put it in the back of my 04 3/4 ton chevy to bring it home but I had to put some tires underneath it so the chute would not drag on the ground. Hope this gives you a good idea. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow and I will measure the length of the chute for you.

10. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

lets see pics of the 98 chevy

11. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

12. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

looks like a good plow truck will stick out in the snow

13. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

The chute on the spreader measured out at about 25 to 26 inches.

14. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

It also runs and the chain moves easily and freely with a lot of life left on it. Barry, I have no idea how old it is. I have not used it as I bought it last 1.5 years ago to use for a job and ended up not doing it. The inside looks the same as the outside. I am still working on some more pictures might have some tonight.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  15. be250

be250 Junior Member
    from kc mo.

hi, thanks for the answers. would like to see more pics , moneys a little tight right now but maybe soon we could talk . thanks barry 816 797 5589

16. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

bump to the top

17. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

what year ?

18. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

I have no idea.

19. rusty_keg_3

well, we are still looking for a spreader... our truck is a bit taller than yours... Do you think it would work?

URL number 012.jpg

URL number 008.jpg

20. rusty_keg_3

Fyi, those are my magnets... I got them for FREE, they dont go on the truck anymore...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.