1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale used Fisher 1000 tailgate salt spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Brian Young, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have up for sale a used Fisher 1000. Unit works fine, have all the wiring. Unit was refurbished 2 seasons ago and was never used last season at all. Frame was blasted down, primed and repainted, new lower bearing, new belt and motor checked and tested. I think I have the original controller floating around somewhere but also have a SnowEx controller that we used for it. First $500 bucks. Also has a license plate bracket and light, rear rubber flap that keeps about 99% of the salt off your truck and the lid was modified to flip to the rear of the truck so its nice and easy to load (why Fisher doesn't do this in the first place is beyond me). Any ways, pm me if interested, located in Erie PA. Yes I will take picture's if you are serious about buying it.

2. Brian Young

Bump. I know its early but we can never be too prepared right,lol

3. Angelo585

Angelo585 Junior Member

Interested, but can not PM... I am in the Rochester, NY area so can meet you to pick up. Contact me at flex585 (at) gmail (dot) com

4. Brian Young

Rochester is only about 2-3 hrs away. For 500 bucks Its not worth a whole lot of driving.

5. Angelo585

Angelo585 Junior Member

not sure what you are saying, it is not worth driving to buy a 500 spreader or what? i am very familiar with Erie, so for me it is not a far drive especially that i am in buffalo 3 times a week. if you email me i will send back my number so we can speak in person rather than through a message board.

6. Brian Young

No, I meant for me to meet half way or something wasn't really worth it. I will email you tonight. Thanks.

7. Brian Young

Still for sale, haven't heard anything from Angelo585. Still at 500.00. Just pulled it out and wiped it down and found it also still has new rear lights as well mounted to it.

8. Angelo585

Angelo585 Junior Member

Thought we were set for wednesday!!! When we spoke on the phone u said wednesday was the best day for me to meet u!!! Let me know before I drive 3 hours!!!

9. Brian Young

I thought you said you were going to call Today....no big deal. Yes wed. is still the best day. Its yours then. lol.

10. Angelo585

Angelo585 Junior Member

Sorry it got crazy Today! I just got done! I will call tomorrow

11. Brian Young

Sold,sold,sold