1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale thread Idea

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by PabstBlueRibbon, Feb 19, 2011.

1. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

I think it should be mandatory to post pictures when selling an item, this way you don't get 3 pages of "pictures please." Just a thought guys.

2. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

...or new threads started to discuss making it mandatory.

3. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

what cold coffee?

4. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

My point would be that some might have good reason to not post pics. If some one wants to post them, they will. If the buyer is serious, they can always request the pics be sent to them. A whole page of request for pics is often times by those that have no interest in buying. Also, the seller puts themselves in a position to be criticized not only on their price but on the item being sold. I have seen the damage done to the seller's, just because of unnecessary comments that were made from the peanut gallery. I do joke around w/ some, and try to make light of some of the more frustrating elements of this industry. Some share in the laugh and get it, others don't. I also help others w/ answers to their problems, whenever possible. I don't however interfere in another man/woman's business deals, especially when what they are trying to sell, may be the money needed for their next mortgage payment, payroll, or whatever else they need the money for. I just think that if a buyer is serious, they will contact the seller through a PM, and not post their thoughts and opinions for all to see. If I was honestly interested in the item being sold, I wouldn't let the rest of those interested know, I'd beat them to it, quietly.