1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FOR SALE snowblower carrier... LOOK

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by IC-Smoke, Feb 25, 2009.

1. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

For sale.... A carrier built for my snowblower so that I could carry it around and have the salt spreader on. Goes into the side of a reese hitch on a 94-02 dodge but should fit just about any with a square tube hitch. One 1/4" hole will need to be drilled to hold the carrier in the receiver.. It has a LED light that should be wired to a plug for your trailer lights. (plug end missing)

Herniated disks in my back have kept me from using any of my salt equipment so Im selling it.

• Shipping NOT available Located in South Central Michigan (Hudson)
    • Make a offer.

Ian

Ill post more later.
    [​IMG]

2. Bowtytek

Bowtytek Member
    from Maine

are you talking the normal square hole where the reciever goes or on the side of the cross tube? could you show more pics of the carrier? is this homemade (which would make you a genuis) or something available off the internet? thanks

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Genius... I dont know but creative yes! I needed the salt spreader but also needed a snowblower and there was no way I was lifting the blower into the bed of the truck every time so I came up with this little contraption.

Getting out of commercial plowing and buying a 06 dodge to do my 12 lots I dont need the snowblower or rack, and half tempted to sell the salt spreader...

couple pics:
    [​IMG]
    Aluminum grated floor. ^

[​IMG]
    you can see how it works ^

Dont mind the missing bumper, Its getting a roll pan
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  4. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

I'd like to suggest to anyone who's interested in this to check their receiver hitch first. Mine has solid side plates, no open square tube end exposed.

5. Bowtytek

Bowtytek Member
    from Maine

IC,
    sorry so long to respond. I checked my GM truck and have around tube where the carrier would attach. Again, a very interesting idea and wish it would work for me. I even checked the wife's suv and she had a plate over the end so it wouldn't work on her's either. Was thinking for hauling things on family vacations and whatever. Good luck. I'll give you a free bump anyways for your troubles and ingenuity.

Mike

6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

No problem! thanks for the comments, You could make your own and use some round tubing.... but youd have to design it to keep from "falling down"

Ian

7. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

any offers? 25.00? Ill ship if if you pay for the shipping...

8. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

SCRAPPED

Thanks