1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale: Salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by gillgetter, Nov 3, 2005.

1. gillgetter

gillgetter Junior Member

For Sale: V-box salter. Made by Myer. 6 ft length. fits in a short bed 3/4 ton or can be placed in a 8' box with room to stack extra salt bags.
    This is a commercial grade slater. Not sure of age, but its all metal.
    I last used it 3 winters ago and it has been sitting on a trailer since. It will need the carb rebuilt. I noticed it leaked gas a little last time it was used.
    It worked great. variable control for cab. It would hold about a ton of salt.
    It is the same exact style of the larger models just 2' shorter.
    Asking $400
    Located approx 20 miles south of Grand Rapids, mi
    Contact dusponsor01@sbcglobal.net

2. >???

I may be interested, can you email me any pics to Jonalke12@yahoo.com or can you give me a call at 616-437-0507. I am on the NW side of GR, just kinda wondering where your at

3. Lawnboy67

Lawnboy67 Junior Member

Would be very interested in the salter. I am in holland.

Please call 616-772-3375
    Brian

4. gillgetter

gillgetter Junior Member

Update on the salter!
    I pulled it out to take pics and found out the motor appears to be siezed and a belt pully is badly rusted!
    Its now FREE for the first person to come and get it. I do not have time to repair it. It has a 8 hp Briggs vert shaft motor and I'm sure a pulley can still be bought from meyer.
    Sorry to all those who emailed me.
    email me for address. Its in Dorr, Mi.
    I have pics, but it won't upload.????

5. Sent you an emai

I sent you an email, i am VERY intersted Please call my cell 616-437-0507 ANYTIME day or night!
    - jon

6. Just consider it gone

Just consider this spreader gone, I will be there tommorow.....saturday morning to get it. Do you have any way to get it into my truck bed or should i bring some guys with me?? I guess i just dont know how one of these would go in!
    - jon