1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale or trade: tailgate salt spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Sweetpete, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hey Guys:

I have a tailgate salt spreader that I bought off a fellow "Plowsite" member (Sydenstricker Landscaping) for sale for $300 That's what I paid for it and I never installed it.

The reason being, I can't use it without getting rid of my contractor cap on my truck. So, I'd like to either sell it or trade for a hitch mount salt spreader.

Here are the pics from Tom's original post: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=56208

They are a little further down in the post. BTW: the can of "Squirt" is not included, but the controller is (LOL!! That cracks me up)

It works fine because I had a mechanic hook it up to a power source and all the wiring checked out and the motor ran well under full load.

Feel free to give me a buzz at 216-244-5273.

Thanks again.
  2. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

It is supposed to bolt onto the bumper. either the top or front of it. If you do it to the top then weld a ball to the bottom of the frame under spinner plate and it will fit perfectly in the hole on a 3 1/2" drop receiver. I can post a pic of mine if you need to show you. as thats how mine is set up. My tailgate is still on. Let me know
  3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up. But I need it to swing out so I can fit material into my truck bed and still open my contractor cap and not have to take it on and off.

I'm looking for an "SUV pro series" style salt spreader, if anyone has one they're trying to ditch.

Let me know....thanks again!!
  4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

5. firebug130

firebug130 Member

Don't know what size spreader you are looking for but I have a Buyers Tailgate spreader that I am thinking of selling. It is the SUV Pro. It slides into the receiver. I have the controls and wiring. The controller looks exactly like the one in the original post. It was manufactured in 2005, purchased in 2006 new for somewhere around 600 - 700$ I think. I have ran only about 1000#'s of calcium through it. It is in excellent condition. I will post pics soon if interested. It is rated at 350# capacity but I have had 450# in it. That is max though. I am wanting to get larger spreader something similiar to SnoEx 1075. Maybe trade if interested.

cell 502 609 7753.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Sweet Pea, I got a Spreader unit that is the twin to the one you got... It is 100% the same spreader, but Mine has been setup to slid in the hitch and its red :D

But works very well !!
  7. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I'll sell you my meyers hitch reciever mounter salt spreader. 400 pound capacity. PM me your email and ill send you pics if you want
  8. firebug130

firebug130 Member

Pics of spreader

didital pics xmas 07 141.jpg

didital pics xmas 07 143.jpg