1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

for sale or trade, 1948 REO speed wagon

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mrbb, Oct 26, 2015.

1. mrbb

mrbb Junior Member

OK folks, I have a nice old 1948 REP Speed wagon truck, been garage kept since bought new in 1849, has all parts no broken or missing glass reflectors trim molding or the likes, body is solid, frame is solid, has a clean title,
    truck was LAST run in 1967 when original owner passed away, and been in same garage since 1948 , up untill July this past summer when I got it
    it has just 28,485 original miles on it
    I would love to sell it, or trade it for a complete plow set up for a 2003-08 dodge ram 2500

I am asking $4800.00 for the truck
    truck is located in Deleno PA, zip code 18220

I have a lot of pictures , if you want to see more, please PM me and I can send easier in an E mail than posting here
    Thanks for looking

new REO truck pic's 002.jpg

new REO truck pic's 011.jpg

new REO truck pic's 010.jpg

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

A little new for a Speed Wagon isn't it?

3. mrbb

mrbb Junior Member

Not sure what you mean, REO made trucks from 1908 until 1974,
    so its a 1948 model yr,
    wouldn't call that a little new to me Lol
    so?

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I thought they ended the Speed-Wagon model before the war.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Buts its a 1849 model

But would be a kool truck it bring back to life.

6. mrbb

mrbb Junior Member

HUMM where you seeing its an 1849 model truck??
    as its NOT that old, REO didn't even make anything in that yr LOL

7. mrbb

mrbb Junior Member

WHAT WAR??
    and NO they were made from early 1900's until 1974, when they gave up , and went under finally

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Second sentence, last word of 1st post

Still a cool truck even if its a 100 years newer.

9. mrbb

mrbb Junior Member

HAHA< dam dyslexia got me again
    Sorry, I didn't even see that
    not a fun airborne disease to have at times, can drive you nuts when backwards things look right to ONLY me
    But I do try guys

no harm here

But yes its a nice clean old, some what rare truck, LOVE to sell or trade for something I can use
    open to all possible trades here too
    as just never know what I need or can use?

10. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Chop the top, chrome the light hardware, maybe a nice aluma flatbed. Yeah, it'd look sharp

11. pressedun

pressedun Junior Member

I'll trade you a Western Unimount plow... :)

12. mrbb

mrbb Junior Member

what size blade, what condition, and is it a full complete set up mount and plow and ??
    and can you send me some pic's
    might be interested

13. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the Speedwagon was produced from 1915 through 1953 or 54 when White trucks bought out REO, and then merged REO with diamond T trucks in 1967 to make the Diamond Reo through 1974 when Diamond Reo went bankrupt and stopped making trucks.
    the name rights were then sold and a limited number of trucks were built up until 2010.
    a local cement company bought a few slope nose mixer and dump trucks made in the late 90's with Deutz diesel engines. they ran good, but were underpowered.

14. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Cab would look awesome on later model 1/2 or 3/4 with flat bed.

15. mrbb

mrbb Junior Member

I'd agree, I also think it would make a great advertising truck for a business

there was a guy on Ebay a while back(past summer) that had this exact truck and put a dodge 1 ton dullu drive train and a cunnin's motor in his, and was selling it for 25k, didn't do any body work to it either looked JUST like this one, only had the dodge drive train,
    looked pretty cool but think his price was a little up there, but price is always up to the owner I guess on what they feel its worth?

Thanks for the replys guys
    feel free to pass on my add to anyone you think might have interest, as I really hope to sell it before snow comes, and its getting that time of yr here
    just sucks to me to see the truck sit outside , after 67 yrs of being a garage kept truck

16. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I must have one of the last Reo built in 1967 before the merge. I have a 1967 Reo coment airport snow blower with 3300 hundred miles on it. It runs and operates perfect. Never tried to find any work for it. 190 cummins in the truck and 335 cummins for blower. 4x4 hi and low.

I would like to see the cab on a rat rod someday.

17. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I don't think you will have any problem swapping for a nice plow. Would look awesome with somebody's company logo on it.

18. mrbb

mrbb Junior Member

Thanks, I agree for a display advertising stand point, I think its a great truck for that, with some fresh paint and logo's, might even be able to be a tax write off too LOL
    and I am hoping a nice plow set up trade could happen too
    I think its a hell of an offer for a swap too

only down side is, so few folks know much about these REO's and then the draw backs they actually have
    I think top speed on this truck is under 50mph, so it needs a more special like buyer/owner

but it is a cool truck , I hope someone can take care of better than me

19. pressedun

pressedun Junior Member

I have 2 9 footers, not in bad shape, going to replace all rams and hoses. Don't have any wiring or mounts though.

20. mrbb

mrbb Junior Member

thanks, but I would be only really be interested a complete set up fro my truck, to make the swap less hassle for me to have to track down things
    NOT a huge deal, but trying to keep it simple
    but appreciate the reply