1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale Large V Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Plowingsince73, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Plowingsince73

Plowingsince73 Junior Member

Up for your consideration is a very old Vee type snowplow. I believe it was made by the Good Roads Co. I did a quick research on line a few years ago and I seem to remember that is what I found out. Look for yourself, if you really need to know for sure. I have owned this plow for about 30 years and have never used it other than for yard art. Looks to be unused! Came from government surplus about 35 years ago. Cutting edges look unused, with no signs of wear. As far as I can tell the cutting edges are about 9 1/2' wide. At their widest point the wings measure 11' 4" wide. The wings stand 6' 6" tall. From the point of the blade to the very rear of the mounting bracket is 8' long. Very very heavy! I am guessing in the 2500 to 3500 pound range, maybe more. Since I have owned it, it has been sitting on concrete blocks. Runners appear to be excellent. Runners are adjustable. Plow needs to go north where it really snows!! Plow is located in South Central Missouri near 65583. Shipping is NOT available. I do however have equipment to load on your truck or trailer. No charge for loading. With advance notice I am available most days. A $500 non refundable deposit is required at the close of the auction, balance in CASH when picked up. Please no low ball offers! full size Dodge truck and Meyer 8' 6" V plow shown NOT for sale! I included that photo to show it's overall size! Looking for about $3500 or trade for late model pickup V plow??

011-05-29 new vs old V Plows.jpg

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Birdd, your next plow is here. Some modification required.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'd love to have one of those for my L8000 for when the SHTF snowstorm.

Probably cost me as much in shipping as the blade itself.

Good luck!

4. Plowingsince73

Hook your trailer up and come get it! ROAD TRIP!! Tom

5. cmpswim

cmpswim Junior Member
    from 65270

Wouldn't mind having that on the articulated farm tractor when the wind blows. But it isn't in the budget

6. Mark Oomkes

That's a long ways for an oversize load.

Theoretically, a lot of money for permits. (or tickets)

7. Plowingsince73

V plow

Plow can set on a trailer sideways. From the tip of the blade to the very rear of the mounting plate is 8" Tom

8. Mark Oomkes

Gotcha, I misunderstood.

As would my wife. Lol

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

There are about 5 of these behind our municipal works garage that didn't move for 25 yrs, last year 2 of them disappeared, I think they were sent to the paint shop cause they were expecting things to get worse.

10. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Someone buy that thing and pay me to haul it!

11. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Always thought it would be cool to buy one of these, paint our logo on it and sit it out in front of our shop

12. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

That would be a great eye catching sign for a business.

13. Plowingsince73

That's what I have been using for! We live in the country and use it as a marker. I tell people if they miss the plow they probably under the influence of something and should not be driving! Tom

14. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Seems to be a theme.... I guess I should buy one for my front lawn, eh ?

Wonder if the town would sell it to me ? :)

[​IMG]