1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale:FISHER SPEEDCASTER 2, TAILGATE SPREADER

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by JDsnowremoval, Dec 13, 2005.

1. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

Hey everyone im looking to sell my tailgate spreader because i am doing a Homedepot this year and i had to upgrade to a 2 yd sander, But this is in mint condition it has always been greased after each use and power washed each time. Its mint and is easy to install. Here are some specs for it.

fisher tailgate spreader, speedcaster 2, works perfect, this is the only tailgate model that will spread sand and salt, the others only do salt! it will fit any truck, but includes mounting hardware for a 1999 or later ford f250 or 350,brackets, manuals, controller, wiring, and bolts included. they cost $2600 new.

Im asking $1950 for it, I live in CT and would be willing to have you pick it up if you would like or i could send it to you but then we would have to have a shipping cost, I also have a cart that i made for the sander so when you take it off you can roll it around (it makes it very easy to move) i will include that also.

If you are interested please contact me at 860-324-6218 or JDSnowremoval@aol.com

I am not sure how to add a picture or i would .. if you would like a picture i will email it to you !! Thanks everyone

2. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

alright i tried to put the picture as an attchment i dont know if i did it right or not but i gave it a shot

dd_1.jpg

3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Just wanted to add, I have the brackets that will make this unit fit a Newer Chevy/GMC 2500-3500

They are for sale here on Plowsite.

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Is it possible to get the in bed mount for this or do you have to use the hitch mount?

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Just to clear that up.. i already have the single stage model with the inbed mount on my dodge. I was wondering if you can take the inbed mount from the single stage and use in on the speedcaster 2

6. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

The way it mounts is it actually mounts to your truck so you can still use your tow hitch if you need it , You put on the new hitch and set up that comes with this sander and then the sander hooks up to that it just dossent sit on a hitch , this also allows you to still be able to tow if you need to. Its a much better design IMO because it allows you to still have a tow hitch avalable and seems to be alittle more secure to the truck.

7. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

bump

bump......

8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Its just what im looking for but i cant fit it in the budget until after Xmas. I have too many damn people to buy gifts for. If its not sold i will definetly get back to you but dont wait on me.

9. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

jt

I have a solution for you....
    Return all the gifts you bought...Buy the sander....

And give everyone a gift certificate for free sanding!!

10. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

I like that idea KSland lol

11. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

Bump........

12. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

still forsale... im in no rush to sell because im waiting for my vbox to get installed but this is still forsale incase anyone is interested

13. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

Bump............. Just got my v-box friday so im ready to sell this item now ... will also consider offers thanks guys and Happy New Year