1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale - F-550 w/ Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by turfmann, Nov 13, 2008.

1. turfmann

turfmann Junior Member

I have a 1999 Ford F-550 with a New Leader L2020GT Spreader available.

The New Leader spreader is manufactured by Highway Equipment Co. and is almost identical to their Hi-way 3030 except my unit has twin spinners and a rubber conveyor belt. This should be an easy retrofit to snow duty for someone who is looking for an inexpensive way to add an sander to their fleet. I have been using this truck to fertilize golf courses and sports fields.

As it is now configured:

1999 Ford F-550 Diesel, 4 speed manual w/ overdrive. 2 wheel drive. 19,500 GVW. 14,600 miles/2,060 hours. Has 4 high flotation tires for use on turf - would need rims and tires for snow. I have not driven this truck over the road - I carry it on a tag a long trailer.

1999 New Leader L2020GT Spreader. Stainless Steel Hopper. PTO driven Hydraulic system. New Leader Mark III Interior Mounted Computer Controller. Twin Spinners. Rubber Conveyor Belt. The screen at the top of the hopper is probably too fine for sand/salt mixtures but is easily removed/updated.

I will deliver within a reasonable distance from Massachusetts.

Asking $30,000

Thanks for looking.