1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For sale DownEaster/EZ Dump salt spreader PICS

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Brian Young, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a DownEaster dump bed insert salt spreader for sale. This will also fit EZ Dump. I posted another thread before but figured this one with pics would work better. This unit is a couple years old but it was never used. We replaced all bearings, chain, both motors and every nut and bolt. This unit is as next to new as you can get. This unit works perfect. I am only selling because it became too difficult to load bulk salt and a guy traded me his bagged salt for my bulk salt. I am starting the bidding on e-bay for $1500.00 PM me if interested. I will ship (at your expense). Here is my link to the ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330293922535
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

damn you brian! where were you when I was thinking of getting a dump insert+tailgate spreader last month!?

free bump.
  3. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

How easy will it fit a one ton dump?
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

boy thats a great deal. free BUMP
  5. Brian Young

The place where I bought it, they just fabed a smaller "tail gate" to the dump body and welded brackets where this unit pinned into. It looked very simple. It looked like they just welded a top and bottom piece and two sides (all angled) to fit the dump body then to the spreader and welded 4 brackets onto the fabbed shell and mounted the spreader. I can give you the number to the shop if interested.
  6. Brian Young

Thats my luck as well,lol Its still for sale!