1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale: DownEaster/EZ Dump Insert Salt Spreader (New link for eBay, had to relist)

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Brian Young, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

DownEaster tailgate dump bed insert salt spreader, will also fit EZ Dump dump bed inserts. This unit is a couple of years old but it had NEVER BEEN USED. All bearings, both motors, chain and every nut and bolt are brand new. All other components are powder coated and in great shape as you can see by the pictures. Both augers are in great shape with no rust. Top auger has arms to bust up larger chunks of possible frozen salt and the lower auger grinds and directs the salt to the middle and out through the adjustable shoot down to the 15" spinner. There has only been about 3 yards of bulk salt run through it. This unit is as next to new as you can get, you won't be disappointed, everything works perfect. I am only selling because it became very difficult to load my bulk salt and I traded a guy my bulk salt for his bagged salt. I just paid over $2700.00 three weeks ago. Iv'e seen this type of spreader fabricated to fit a one ton dump as well. This spreader is great for any size lot with a variable speed controller, it spreads just a few feet or wide open at 40-50ft to cover larger lots.

Click here for the ebay link: DownEaster/EZ Dump Bed Insert Salt Spreader

2. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

free bump for you

3. Brian Young

Bump......

4. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

willing to meet in the middle? I am planning on calling and seeing what they want for the brackets for 1 ton mount. If not I could probably weld something up. If it looks feasible I think we could make something happen.

5. Brian Young

There is a day and a half left on the ebay site. I have to leave it on there for now, but yes if things fall thru- I can make a little drive. What kind of shape is that dump in?

6. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

7. Brian Young

SPREADER IS SOLD AS OF NOW, THANK YOU

P.S. Thanks Charles for putting up with the million and one new threads for this same spreader!