1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For sale: Buyers 4 yard salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by TheXpress2002, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheXpress2002

TheXpress2002 2000 Club Member
    from Canton

For sale is a Buyers (Salt Dogg) 4 Yard Spreader. This unit is 2 seasons old and in excellent condition. It has been maintained very well washed after each use and stored indoors (except for the pictures below) This unit will fit any F350 flatbed or in my case GMC 3500 with a 10 foot bed. It will require 6 bolts to be drilled through the bed. This is not an inconvenience when hauling mulch in the summer with the bolts being placed back in. Included will be all controls, wiring, tarp, tie-downs and bolts for the install.

I am asking $6000.00. I will deliver for no charge within 100 miles. I can also ship with a freight carrier with a discount on shipping. The only reason this is being sold is the needed cash for the down payment on the house.

FROM THE WEBSITE:

The SHPE series SaltDogg® spreaders are completely self-contained, ultra–durable spreader units designed for ice and snow control. The rugged design allows for use with salt or salt/sand mix. The complete assembly mounts easily on utility vehicles, pickups, dump, platform and utility trucks, making it ideal for municipalities, shopping malls, industries, hospitals and private contractors.

Features and Options

Material Hopper – Rotationally molded double-wall polymer unibody spreader with smooth angled walls to maximize material flow. No drilling required.

Auger – 5.5" dia. screw-type auger system travels the length of the hopper floor, providing maximum material flow at a continuous rate. An independent spinner/auger controller allows for both independent spinner speed and an infinitely adjustable ratio between spinner and auger.

Material Flow/Output – Salt, 2.2 cu. ft./minute; Salt/Sand, 1.3 cu. ft./minute. Spread width is variable from 5 to 38 feet.

Spinner Chute Assembly – A 14" polymer disc is connected to a 3/4" diameter shaft. The spreading material is guided from the stainless steel trough to the spinner plate through an enclosed heavy-duty polymer chute and spinner assembly with an external deflector. The extra-wide adjustable deflector protects the vehicle and allows for complete directional spread control and full or compact spread. Total spread path ranges from 5' to 30'. A convenient spring-latch locking mechanism allows the spinner assembly to be removed for cleaning/storage.

Electric Motors – Two ultra-quiet 12-volt DC direct-drive motors power the auger and spinner, and are encased in a heavy-duty poly housing along with two independently powered vibrators. The wiring harness is constructed of 10-gauge automotive wire with non-combustible sheathing (-50°C to -105°C). An in-cab console features independent controls for the auger, spinner and vibrator.

Standard Equipment – 1/4" black powder coated steel top screens (2). Heavy-duty poly-vinyl tarp with reinforced corners and tie-down kit. Two Heavy-duty 12 VDC vibrator, rated at 400 of force pounds for maximum performance. Spreader hold-down kit.

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

2. TheXpress2002

from Canton

Wednesday bump

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Your spinner looks like it is bent down true or no?

4. TheXpress2002

from Canton

No just the angle of the picture.

5. TheXpress2002

from Canton

Monday bump.....PM me with offer

6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Where in michigan are you?

7. TheXpress2002

from Canton

.........Canton

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Let's bump it up!! Booom boom let's bump it up! Boom!

9. TheXpress2002

from Canton

.........bump

10. Top Dog

Top Dog Member

someone backed into snow pile

11. TheXpress2002

from Canton

......seriously did you just pick and choose what you wanted to read above. If I had taken the spreader off I would take a side picture of the spinner.

12. Top Dog

Top Dog Member

Brother

I got 4 of those exact spreaders and 2 of mine look just like that and they were both backed into snow piles. Seriously we all want to sell stuff but just be honest we have all been down that road

13. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Sweet. This could get interesting!

14. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

If it was me i would take another picture to disprove the claim..............just a thought!!

15. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

On the second picture you posted you can see the bracket that mounts on the hopper is slightly bent, no big deal, it's an easy fix, but that chute is bent in a little....

16. TheXpress2002

from Canton

.............I cant believe what this has turned into. I cant believe I am being called a lier.

I will go take pictures tomorrow of the chute. Yes it is off the truck but the damn thing is standing up straight.

Let me also ask this....Are anyone of you interested in this spreader or is this just mass dump on the thread?

17. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Not interested in the little poly spreader but the picture IMO shows it is clearly bent 3"-4" off of being 'square'

18. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

19. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

that was deffinantly in a snow pile, its off 3-5 inches!

20. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

So Xpress... can you post some more pictures showing that you are correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.