1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

for sale 8ft western pro plus

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by duramax8611, Nov 11, 2008.

1. duramax8611

duramax8611 Junior Member

the plow is about 2-3 years old, nothing wrong witht he plow it was used basically to do residential driveways and small hoas. it has the backdrag edge ruber deflector handheld controller also has a set of the western wings that go on the back no drilling, both wings need a lil work as we bent them plowing with our 4500 last year with a 9 ft pro plus
    its currently on a 04 chevy 2500hd and will be taken of after sale at my local shop
    i am not really sure what its worth but i asume a new one with everything would be around $6000, so i am gonna start at $4000 and we will see what the response is
    i am in northwest indiana very close to chicago

2. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

I would be interested in the plow by itself if your willing to sell it alone. I have fords so the chevy stuff wouldn't do me much good. Im in Valpo.

timberseal@comcast.net

3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

A new Pro Plus by me in IL is around $4300 complete.. My buddy has a Ford and is looking for a plow but the price will have to come way down, just needs the blade and receivers..

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

e list price here is $ 4995.00 and I got mine for $ 3800.00. So like M & M said it will have to come down some in price.

5. duramax8611

like i had said i wasnt sure what it is worth so that was just a starting point, i thought the pro plus plows were going for much more than what you say. i am open to offers on the plows, but i would like to get it moved pretty soon

6. M&M Services

from midwest

Wasn't trying to knock it.. but post some pics, buddy has cash in hand and will pick up for the right price...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  7. M&M Services

from midwest

8. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

would you take $2500?

9. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

What about $2,501

10. duramax8611

at this point i will not take 2500 since there is another plow on this site forsale that isnt even a pro plus i dont belive dosent have a backdrag edge or wings and a guy is ready to go there now and give him 2800

11. M&M Services

from midwest

Send the pics...

12. M&M Services

from midwest

Also how bad are the wings bent? did they bend the plow itself?

13. duramax8611

no they werent actually used on this plow i have a 4500 with a 9ft pro plus and we were using them on there at a big site with lots of curbs, and somtimes once you get that big girl rolling on a lil ice she dosent like to stop on a dime i have pics of the plow itself i will put it on the truck tonight so i can get it off the ground with the wings on so you can see it somebody who is a lil handy with a welder should have no problem at all.

14. M&M Services

from midwest

He is definately interested and we are 30 mins from Chicago. I look forward to seeing the pics, you dont even have to hook it up.. I appreciate it
    Mike

15. duramax8611

what town are you in?

16. M&M Services

from midwest

Glen Ellyn

17. M&M Services

from midwest

havent received the pics yet.. My buddy is interested and has cash in hand... he just wants the plow side which is $3400 new here through Regional or Auto Truck..

18. duramax8611

19. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

It's amazing what plows are selling for this year... I was quoted $3850 on a new 8' pro plow and $4400 on the pro plus. To think that used stuff is pulling new prices (and that people are willing to pay it!) is unreal. Congrads on pulling that out of it!

20. duramax8611

i didnt set the price ya know maybe in there area the dealer told them its going to be several weeks or somthin so they have no choice