1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FOR SALE `87` CHEV. 3/4 ton/W meyer plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Ryan03, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

1987 Chevy 3/4 ton with clean complete Meyer 7.6 plow setup that works good. Truck has a TBI 350 engine, TH400 trans, NP 208 Tcase, 14 bolt rear, and a 10 bolt front, and leaf spring suspension front and rear. Mileage is high, 170 or 180k, Running gear is in good working order, however, fuel pump in tank quit working, and truck currently is not running. Tires are 80% tread all terrain radials, gas tank and brackets new last year, as well as drag link. Body is rusty, however bed floor and inside are fine, core support is fine, frame is scaly but sound, cab mounts and floor aren't to bad, however rockers and cab corners are pretty bad. Asking $600.00 for the complete plow setup, you pull it on site, as it is still mounted to truck, or $900.00 for the whole thing, truck and plow. Would make a good lot or driveway truck with a new fuel pump and a little TLC. Located in Chardon Ohio, 44024, which is about 35min east of Cleveland. I will try to download some pics tomorrow

2. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

Here are a few pics, the rear view pic is pretty bad, it looks like there are rust holes in the middle of the door under the mirror, it is realy just a reflection off the brown barn it is parked along side of. It just has the usual wheelwell and rocker/cab corner rust Contact Gary 440 477 6268 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I would be interested in just the truck if you would sell it without the plow. how much?

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would like to come see the truck in person. I live 20 minutes away in Willoughby. Give me a call tomorrow some time 440-942-6045 and we can set up a time to come out. Or I can call you tomorrow as well too

5. Ryan03

Ryan03 Junior Member

Well, a plowsite member came out to look at the truck tonight, we put a battery in it, and the engine is locked. I have a feeling it is hydro locked from a leaking head gasket or a cracked head, as the rad is empty, just a guess though. Boy did I feel like a dumba$$ for wasting this mans time, he was very nice and understanding about it though. New price, $750 for the plow and truck as is, come haul it away, or $600 for the plow, which you can see work. The truck alone is probably worth $250-$300 in scrap without the plow, we just don't want to deal with it. call Gary at 440 477 6268