1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale 2014 8'6" Western MVP3 Stainless

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by horizon jay, Mar 9, 2015.

1. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Contemplating selling my 2014 8'6" stainless MVP3 I bought in the fall. It went out 7 times this season and has about 50 hrs on it (my guess). Only reason I am selling is because I sold my dump trailer this winter and now I need another one (vicious cycle but I dont want a loan since Im tryin to buy a new property)... Its like new but obviously its used so i dont expect new price. Not sure what a fair selling price is tho? Looking to sell plowside only. I have it listed on Craigslist for $5k. New locally is $7k installed complete setup. LMK thoughts. Thanks! Also have a 9' Pro Plus that I could sell without the truck mount (currently on 04 ford).

IMG_8357.JPG

IMG_8359.JPG

IMG_8363.JPG

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Yea, its a little high.

3. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

I appreciate the feedback! I honestly hate to sell it. I love that plow and will buy another one in the fall for sure (thats why I want to keep truckside). What do you think is fair? I am open to suggestion. If its just not worth sellin I will keep it. Or maybe bite the bullet and sell total package? (wire harness etc). Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

4. 1olddogtwo

I bought my plowside, assembled, with tax, out the door for around 5200. Its a 9-6 in SS.

5. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Dang! I cant even touch that!

6. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Where do you get your plows at? Might be worth the drive for me in the future.

7. 1olddogtwo

Regional truck is Alsip.

8. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Not to rub salt in the wound......I can Buy a Brand New XLS for $5600 Complete...Truck and Plowside......Very nice Plow you have...Good Luck with the Sale...

9. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Haha no sweat! Apparently my location sucks price wise lol. Its all good. I probably over paid for it and will end up just keeping it. We have 1 dealer in the area and I think they know it.... Still open to offers though. Thanks guys!

10. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

A 2k loss on 50 hrs is $40 cost per hr for the plow only. If you factor the truck side we can say a $1k loss or $20 per hr for the plow only. Sure you want to sell it? Subbing out stuff in the future wouldn't cost much more.

11. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Interesting break down. Im just trying to get myself into a new dump trailer and the plow seemed like a possible answer. Id rather not sell it. Im currently tryin to buy a property that is perfect for our biz but stretchin the pockets (and credit ha!) a lil thin so I dont want to finance a new trailer. I have two plow trucks with reasonably light loads so def not looking to sub work anytime soon. Thanks for the input tho I appreciate it!

12. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Pretty sure he's suggesting subbing out the dump trailer work till you can fund a new one. By selling the plow your losing $40 or $60 per hour. You can rent a dump trailer for about that. That's without the headache selling your old plow.

13. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

The house I wanted sold so now Im stayin put :( . But I get to keep the plow and I got a new 16' 14K dump trailer! Once you've owned one, it's nearly impossible to go back to renting. These things are great! Thanks to all!

14. JOEC

JOEC Member

Any pics of the nine footer I need a back up?

15. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Sorry right after I posted that someone called me about the v and I sold it. So now I gotta hang on to the 9. If I buy two vs n the fall I will contact you about the 9. It's a clean well maintained pro plus . Thanks for the interest !