1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale, 2002 Chevy 2500 HD Reg Cab.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 4x4Farmer, Nov 29, 2009.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

For Sale. 2002 Chevy 2500 HD Reg Cab, 6.0L, Auto Trans rebuilt 2 years ago, cloth interior, one season on rebuilt front end. around 30,000 miles, 06 boss 8'2" v plow. $19,000.00 This truck is awsome! Of all the plow trucks this one was my favorite to run. Its short so its easy to get around in. The only reason we are trying to sell it is to get another one to match our 2010 Ford. If anyone is really intrested I can take some current pics, these are ones I had on my computer.

2. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

how many miles does the odometer say?
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Am I understanding correctly that it has around 30,000 miles on it and the front end and trans have been rebuilt? If so that thing must have been beaten to death!

Nice looking truck though!
  4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i think he meant it has 30k miles since the rebuild
  5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Man.... I think you're asking WAY to much for that truck.... I bought my 07 Reg Cab Duramax with 20k on the odometer and a BRAND NEW 8ft X-blade for 24k..not a work truck model either.... it's an LT..... And how come the tranny / front end needed a rebuild?...
  6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I second that, you price seems a little high.
  7. exmark1

I assumed it was 30,000 on the truck, but even at that the price is still high. Sounds like someone is trying to get book value for the truck plus the new replacement cost of the plow that is on the truck.
    I have seen similar trucks selling for around 14,000 with the similar equipment
  8. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

i know the price seems a little high, but its not my truck and thats what the boss told me he wanted to start out at. As far as the tranny goes, it was not beaton. I know the two people that have plowed with this truck and one of them is me. Have any of you ever just had a tranny go out? I know I have.... not from abuse. The front end, well it has had a plow on it, and it just felt that it was time to have the front end rebuilt. Was starting to get a little loose, so we fixed it up right. Not trying to brag, but we take care of our equipment and when something dosen't seem right, we fix it, not wait for futher damage to be done.
  9. exmark1

How many miles are on the truck?
  10. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I guess I haven't been to the shop to look for awhile, but im pretty sure its right around 30,000 and I guess its a 07 plow, not that makes any differance.
  11. bosshogg

bosshogg Member

Well if the price is to high then if your really intersted make me an offer! Otherwise move on thanks for your interst.
  12. Hedfarmer

Hedfarmer Junior Member
    from ND

Would you sell just the complete plow setup?
  13. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

rather not, only want new plow if we get a new truck
  14. MLLC

MLLC Member
    from MA

I like the truck and would make a good rig, but really think that you're price is too high, I paid that much for a 2005 2500HD extended cab 4x4 SLT with 35,000 on it, and every option possible for that truck. Just Saying.
  15. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Give the poor guy a break. It is a nice truck and he said "Make an Offer". Remeber everybody has to start somewhere. It is easy to come down and very hard to go up.
  16. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Plus they have snow like only some of us could dream about up there!!!
  17. Runner

Runner Senior Member

It's a nice truck, but it's still a 8 or 9 year old work truck that has been plowed. The owner needs to be realistic and the truck should be priced accordingly. We have seen too many trucks come through here of that age that were completely beautiful for nearly half that price.
  18. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Bump for a nice truck.
    I think that it is time this site think about doing what the other site does in regards for sale items. Too many times opinions fill these ads up with useless garbage.
    If you don't like it or the price keep your mouth shut and use the back button on your mouse and move on.
    If you have a constructive question ask...leave the ad for information not opinions.
    This stuff ends up being 3 pages long and someone might just want to know mileage or something. Sorry for the vent on this perticular ad, but it just irritates the hell out of me.