1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FOR SALE: 2001 CASE 1840 skid loader with bucket and forks

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WheelerandSon, Aug 4, 2011.

1. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Up for sale is my 2001 CASE 1840 skid steer with Cummins deisel engine. Approximately 6,600 hours and has been well maintained. Very good shape and all original paint. Tractor comes with loader bucket and a set of forks. Tires have approximately 25% tread left. I work for a local Case dealership, and tractor has always been maintained by certified Case mechanics since I have owned it. Aksing $8,500 or best offer (cash talks).

Call Ryan at (563) 209-1490 if you have any other questions.

2. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

bump to top

3. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

$8000 o.b.o.

4. porter lawncare

porter lawncare Member

do u have pics

5. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

hope these show up ok

skid a.jpg

skid b.jpg

6. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

bump to top

7. bsieb

bsieb Junior Member
    from NJ

enclosed cab? Heat?

How much are new tires for a machine like this? I have only had trucks with plows so far, but looking into a machine in the next few years.

8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

The 1840 uses a slightly smaller tire then 8x16 if memory serves me correct. The nice thing about a machine like this is there is very little electricial in it, not a lot to go wrong electrically, It is easy to work on and pretty much bullet proof. The only machine that I would say is more bullet proof is the 1845C.

9. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

the cab does not have heat, however, it does have plexi windows on the back, sides, and top. I never put a door on it, but they are available, and I can get them since I work for the local CASE dealer. I have also seen guys buy a cheap heater to put in them, and it works great.

As far as tires go, they can get pricey, just depending upon what you get. You can run two different sizes on them. Currently, it has the 12 x 16.5's (same size as an 1845), or you can run a narrower 10 x 16.5. Again, since I work for the local CASE dealer, I can get a better than normal deal on those too. My father runs the parts dept here, and I think he has a new set of 10 x 16.5's that we may be able to deal on.

Let me know. I can also arrange trucking to just about anywhere in the U.S.

10. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

still needs a home!

11. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

what part of iowa you in? im in omaha

12. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

I am in Davenport, Iowa. The company I work for (Titan Machinery) has a store in Omaha. I can get equipment moved to that side of the state for pretty reasonable.

13. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

hmmmm. what else ya got in the 8k and under? is it sold through the dealer or private for you? im interested. gotta get something lined up for snow this year. just gotta get the financing.

14. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

this is my own personal skidloader. I would go $7800 and that is my bottom dollar. I paid $9000 for it two years ago, and we have a couple in our store inventory that are the same year with a little less hours for $10K.

Give me a call at (563) 209-1490 if you have any questions.

15. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

bump to top