1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FOR SALE: 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 with BOSS 7'6" plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WheelerandSon, Aug 4, 2011.

1. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Getting out of the biz and selling off some of my stuff.

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 regular cab long box for sale with a BOSS 7'6" blade.

The good:
    Truck runs good, 4x4 works, and has new tires. The plow is in working condition and has a newer cutting edge.

The bad:
    The truck lost reverse this past winter, but still has the forward gears and can be driven to any tranny shop for repairs. Also, the steel brake line under the cab of the truck rusted and developed a hole, so the truck has no back brakes. Front brakes still work. Body has several dents and dings, but what do you expect for a plow truck.

I originally bought this truck as a back up truck to my fleet. Once repairs are made, I would say this would make a good plow truck again.

Its sad that I paid $3500 for the truck and plow a year ago, and the one time I go to use it, the reverse goes out (which coincidentially the same exact thing happened to my Chevy 2500HD the same exact day urghhhhhhh!). Wish the thing could have made me some $$$$$.

I am asking $1800 as it sits with the plow. I would say the plow is worth at least $1500, which means you are getting the truck for almost scrap prices. How depressing. My loss is going to be someone else's gain here.

Please call Ryan at (563) 209-1490 if you have any questions.

97 dodge 1.jpg

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The trans could be an easy fix. If it is just the reverse piston. It can be done from below in a couple hours at most and there are some very good fairly resonable aftermarket replacements that are better quality then OEM.

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Can you PM me a zip code? I might be interested, Kindly send me a pic or two of the interior if possible, and maybe a couple of the frame rails over the rear wheels and under the cab, I'll price freight and worst case scenario trans repair and let you know ASAP.

4. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

to the top

5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

bump to the top

J.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

If you can find a way to get it most of the way to me for around $1500 lets talk

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

On edit, I just found out my buddie is using my truck to bring a car to IA on Thursday. Where are you in Iowa? Let's work a deal.

8. goinggreen

goinggreen Senior Member

do u have anymore pics of the truck very interested

9. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

the truck is still available, and yes, i do have more pics of the truck, but for some reason they are not posting. if you send me your email address, i can forward the pics to you.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

11. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

i am going to try to post these again

Attached Files:

12. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

Is this still available ?? Roger 402-826-0653

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My guy will be there in about a half hour to load it up ;)

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the deal Ryan......................as I went through it a little more, I think I've decided to part it out for sure. My buddie was in on the deal and wants the plow, and I could use a lot of the truck. It will make a perfect donor for my 1 ton, and a few misc parts for my 2500 as well. I plan for a complete cab swap, front clip, etc (mine is pretty rough...MI plow truck forever and pretty banged up as well). If I do wind up doing this, I'll post up some pics of the progress. If my 3500 wasn't a 4x4 dually flatbed dump with a Cummins I'd never consider it, but this truck will make it worth just that much more, at least to me. This 97 is surprisingly quite rust free. I'm very pleased with the purchase. Thanks again!

15. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

glad i could help!

16. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I will probably start a thread on this, but here are a few pics of the progress. Hope it doesn't break your heart LOL. The last pic is the truck I'm using the cab, doors and front end on. The engine/trans/rear end from the 97 are for sale if anyone is interested. Trans needs reverse drum. Most of the other parts are spoken for. Rusty cab, doors, dash and title from the 97 will be available as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

19. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

does not break my heart at all! LOL. Glad to see that it is getting re-born.