1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FOR SALE - 1977 GMC 1 ton dump truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WheelerandSon, Nov 8, 2009.

1. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Up for sale is my 1977 GMC 3 wheel drive 1 ton dump truck. This truck was originally a local municipal truck. Still has the hydraulic hook ups in the rear for a hydraulic salt spreader (never had the spreader). Everthing still works on the truck, and the dump works great. I have had her loaded to the gills with broken concrete, and she dumped it with ease. Good running 350 small block with a four speed manual transmission. Just spent $300 on new exhaust. Put new front brakes and front brake lines on this summer. Serviced the rear end. She is rusty in places, but still works hard. Truck comes with a new set of front fenders (not installed). $2,500 or best offer (you can't even find a decent dump trailer for that kind of money).

I will post pics as soon as I take some.

Call Ryan at (563) 570-2303 if you have any questions.

2. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Still for sale. The description says 3 wheel drive, but I must have been typing too fast. It is a 2 wheel drive truck. Price reduced to $1,800.00. MUST SELL!

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

4. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

3 wheel drive..................I thought you were letting us know it had a posi rear and open front diff??? Hahahahaha!!!! Good luck witht the sale.

5. procut

procut Senior Member

When you said "3 wheel drive" I figured it had a half shaft out or something. lol

6. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

thanks for the comic relief everybody. certainly isnt helping to get it sold. too bad plowsite would not let me go back to edit the post after i submitted it.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Pics might help move the truck a little faster.

8. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

i will get pics posted tomorrow!

9. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Here is a couple of pics.

10. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Started her for the first time this winter, and she fired right up.

one ton 1.JPG

11. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Also have a couple of extra tires and wheels that will go with as well.

one ton 2.JPG

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

How is the floor and underneath of the dump body?? if it was closer I would pick it up.

13. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

The floor is not too bad. It has a couple of small holes, but nothing terrible for the age of the truck. I have hauled mulch, sand, dirt, broken concrete, and have never had an issue. This use to be a municipal truck prior to me getting it. The floor boards will need some patching though. But otherwise, it is a good ole truck to have around.