1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For Sale 1972 Cat 988 Loader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tomonster92, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Tomonster92

Tomonster92 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

!972 Cat 988 Loader With or without 18' push blade.

2. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

I'll take it!

3. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

$17,000 and we have a deal

4. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

where was this a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

Sitting at the shop

6. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

you better have one hugeeeeeeee site to be putting a 988 on it !!!! a 966 is big....a 980 is GIANT and a 988 is INSANE

7. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

Thats our problem we had 4 site right next to each other and thats where it worked but we no longer maintain those sites. Were trying to find a new site or sell it which ever comes first. I will say one thing that baby moved some snow.

8. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

pics
    pics pics

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Wow that's a big boy. If I had a place for it I would buy it in a second. Not only a site to work it, but a place to keep it. Something of that size with an 18' box would make its money back so fast. You would spend nearly that setting up a truck.

How many yard machine is that considered? 6-7? More?

10. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

cat ridge.jpg
    Idk how to post pics on here

cat ridge.jpg

11. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

guess thats how

12. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

have you ever worried about damage to the lots when the frost is coming out?

13. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

A local excavator by me did that a few years ago and ended up retarring an entire parking lot becuase the frost wasn't deep enough and they destroyed the lot plowing with a large loader...

14. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

Not quite sure i understand what you mean here as far as i know we never caused any damage from frost.

15. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

He means did you ever destroy the pavement while plowing with that when the ground wasn't frozen?

Over my way a few years back John Arborio Inc.,at one time the tri-state's largest site contractor had the snow removal contract for Poughkeepsie IBM.There was a fleet of about 12 loaders ranging from old 966's to a 988 there for years.My Dad and I shared the same parking lot with them one late Fall with a job we had there.They had 2 mechanics there I remember for about 3 days taking off teeth and welding on straight regular cutting edges.I asked 1 of them about the expense of going through all that.He told me IBM pays them boocoo dinero on a seasonal basis and there were even bonus clauses at the end of the Winter for some level of stellar performance.

16. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

Thats what I thought but we never have nor have I ever heard of that happening to anyone in our area.