1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FOR SALE - 19' VALK 4-way hydraulic poly-plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by IH4166, Nov 12, 2009.

1. IH4166

IH4166 Junior Member

I have a 19' Valk 4-way hydraulic airport-grade poly-plow with a good rubber cutting edge.

- No hydraulic leaks
    - In excellent condition (originally sold for $23,000)
    - Parts are still available for this plow at the Valk Company
    - Weighs approximately 4,000 lbs. +/-
    - This is a perfect plow for large open parking lots (shopping malls, warehouse distribution facilities, etc.)

If you plow large open spaces, this is what you want. I used it on a large International tractor (pictured - not for sale), but it can be mounted on any large truck or piece of equipment.

$2,000 cash only upon pickup (I am located in south/central PA - I can possibly deliver depending on where for a fee)

Snow Plowing Pictures 02-16-07 024.jpg

Snow Plowing Pictures 02-16-07 009.jpg

Snow Plowing Pictures 02-16-07 013.jpg

nullVarious projects 01-21-07 021.jpg
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Can I put that on a half ton?

Did you cut a foot off of it since spring?
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a rubber edge with no trip?
  4. IH4166

IH4166 Junior Member

Answers to 19' Valk Plow posting questions...

The plow was advertised as a 20' airport plow according to Valk, it actually measures a little over 19'.

I don't understand your question as to it fitting on a 1/2 ton. This is a huge plow that weighs between 4,000 and 5,000 lbs. It would easily adapt to a tri-axle dump truck or a large piece of construction equipment. I wouldn't attempt to put it on anything smaller.

It has a rubber cutting edge with dolly wheels to adjust the height of it.
  5. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

I am quite interested. Where in PA exactly? Im right on the border of NY and PA between Corning and Binghamton.
  6. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Does it come with the tractor end mount? Why are you selling it?
  7. IH4166

IH4166 Junior Member

19' Valk Plow - Answers to Questions

No it does not come with the tractor end mount. I made it myself to fit both my 19' plow and my 12' Root Springs highway plow. I'm not plowing snow anymore and I sold the 12' plow with the mount already. I still have another hydraulic lift cylinder that was not included with this sale but I'm will to negotiate. The plow performed great and is in very good to excellent condition. I also have new Wipers and Seals for the Tilt cylinders (they don't leak but I got them just in case I had problems while plowing.

I also have a few other items that I'm considering getting rid of. I have a 2003 Ford F-450 4x4 dump with a Western ultra-mount 8.5' V-plow, Western Pro-Flow salt spreader with all of the controls, and a new electric motor. I'm not sure if I want to sell the truck yet but might consider it for the right money. I have a Meyers 7' plow head with 2 foot extensions (extensions are new) from Northern Tool. A few hydraulic plow swivel cylinders (Meyers and Western), hoses, plow feet, etc.
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Crete was trying to be funny. So it has no trip?
  9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Just buy it Dave and shut up already!
  10. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

2 more questions - Do you happen to know what the width of the plow straight on is when it is fully angled (does that make any sense?)? Also, Im assuming that you have a way of loading it? The fully angled width doesn't have to be dead on, just approximate.
  11. IH4166

IH4166 Junior Member

I understand what your asking about the width when angled, it will angle about 45 degrees. I never measured it tilted. I do have something to load it with. As far as Crete trying to be funny I understand but since I closed my business I tried several times to advertise things for sale on ebay, craigslist, kajiji and sites like this and half of the responces are from spam emailers trying to sell me something or asking stupid questions. It's got to the point that I quit listing things for awhile.
  12. IH4166

IH4166 Junior Member

Another note, You would need a deck over style trailer to haul it or a flatbed. I hauled it on a 5 ton equipment trailer. from cutting edge back to the mounting pin is about 6'8" +/- Valk no longer makes a 19 footer, the largest they make is 16' (styled the same way) They still make them in Carlilse PA. The last time I spoke to them they said that they had several parts for the metal frame if needed. I know their website has a picture and dimensions for the 16 footer under specialty items and they still make the truck mounts for it.
  13. IH4166

IH4166 Junior Member

It does not have a trip edge, it is fixed. The rubber cutting edge is in good shape and has never been turned over to the upper edge.
  14. IH4166

IH4166 Junior Member

Additional photos of 19' valk plow for pushinpaul...

Here are some additional photos I found. The last photo is one from the Valk website. Hope this helps.

nullVarious projects 01-21-07 016.jpg

nullVarious projects 01-21-07 028.jpg

nullVarious projects 01-21-07 029.jpg

nullVarious projects 01-21-07 030.jpg

15. IH4166

IH4166 Junior Member

Response to PushinPaul re 19' Valk Snow Plow

Just wondering if you had anymore questions on the plow I have for sale. I posted a few more photos of the plow when tilted. Hopefully that helped to give you an idea of how far it tilts. Just let me know if you have any additional questions. I would really like to get this out of my driveway before the weather turns bad. Thanks.