1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For plowing gravel trip edge or full trip

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theplowmeister, Sep 13, 2011.

1. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I have a friend (I know hard to believe)
    he has over 2 miles of gravel/sand road to plow

A " I love my trip edge on gravel" means NOTHING if you have not ALSO used a full trip on gravel.

OK which do you prefer?
  2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I have used both, and I prefer trip edge plows. Dont think it matters really. It really boils down to what u like better. Both will get the job done, so i guess I really dont understand you question. Trip edge plows have the same advantage weather u plow gravel or blacktop...
  3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I use to do a lot that was half paved half gravel. 1st few years with a Fisher trip edge, next few with a Blizzard 810. The gravel part sucks until it was frozen with either plow. Maybe the 810 dug in more but that was due to it's weight. I see no advantage with one over the other.
    What would help would be a urethane edge on what ever plow you chose