1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? for instalers

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by USMCMP5811, Mar 27, 2011.

1. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Looking for places that I can get wire/switches/ connectors/ wire loom Etc ... in bulk. The place I used to get it from no longer carries this type of stuff as they are now strictly a building electrical/plumbing supply house. Can anyone suggest a web site etc.....

Would like to be able to do one stop shopping rather than pieces here and pieces there....

The only other place that I know of remotely close to me is U-Do-It Electronics in Needham, MA but their prices on some of this stuff is a little up there.

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Do you have a kimball midwest supplier or priority parts? We use them for all our "shop" supplies.

3. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

No, not out here in MA. I think it was either here or Elightbars that someone posted up a few links to some places for this stuff but every combination that I've put in the search has gotten me no where

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

5. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Thanks. That's what I'm looking for.

Keep them coming folks.

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/

That is also the best source for the Blizzard power hitch switch. (I think it may be the same as the Boss switch also)

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

9. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Let me know what you need we have lots of that stuff here but not necessarily on the web site.

10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Grainger is WAY up there in prices on everything.

11. Chris112lee

Chris112lee Member

Spemco.com is good when ordering in bulk

12. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Basically, I'm looking for the heat shrink crimp connectors, split loom in lengths along with "T" intersection for the split loom. Relay harnesses and power distribution blocks.

I can get the stuff at most auto parts stores but I don't want to spend $8-$9 on a package of 5 connectors etc

Off the subject, do you carry replacement legends for the Federal Signal SW300 switch boxes by chance?

13. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Try Gerber electronics too- they have (had?) a location right of Rt 1 in Norwood (automile) out by the Skill/Bosch Factory service center.

14. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Thanks, I'll look into it. I know there is a Granger store on University Ave on the Norwood/Westwood line as well.

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I never use the "T"s when I use loom. I just end the loom where the "T" is supposed to be and tape that section up.