1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? for crash935

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chevman-67, Oct 24, 2005.

1. chevman-67

chevman-67 Junior Member

How high should the back of the A-Frame on a meyers plow be when clipped to the clevis frame?Some people say keep the A-Frame parallel to the ground and others have said 2"-3" higher than parallel at the rear where it clips into the clevis frame.Or is there some other way to adjust the height by determining the angle of the cutting edge.Is there just a standard height of 9,1/2"-10,1/2" off the ground to the center of the pin holes for all setups?
    Thanx for any info!!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Man, you know how much i hate those yellow plows.

But, i'll be nice and answer it for you anyway. The a-frame should sit close to level. If you think your having ground clearance issues you can raise it some but if you raise it to far the blade/cutting edge will not sit level when you fully angle the blade. 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 is the standard for western and that sounds right for meyer also. If those other plow manufactures would just put the info on their sites like western and fisher we could just look it up, but NO.

Hope that helps you out, if you need more info just yell and i'll bring my manuals home.

Jeff

3. chevman-67

chevman-67 Junior Member

LOL sorry you hate them I have used the fisher and boss with no complaints at all I just like the fact that everything is on the harness and no pumps under the hood they are a great plow for personnel use and very light work without using them for big commercal use.they are light enough that they are not bouncing all over YES chain hooks help too but this plow was in great shape and never used only for a divway that was 12 x 20 and was a waste when he could shovel it faster.I had to fab this whole thing on a chev 1/2 ton 4x4 and I even used the front plates off a western LOL.to make it secure but was really scared when I seen how low it sat under the truck.and before welding the clevis frame thought I should make sure where it had to be first read lots of your posts and thought you would have the best clue.Thanx for the reply if you have any books on meyers could you please check it out for me.

4. Crash935

Thanks Man,

I'll check my M*&^% (I tried to type it the right way) book for you and get the clevis height.

5. Crash935

I remembered to check my book,

Its 10 1/2 to the center of the pin holes on the clevis to the ground.

6. chevman-67

chevman-67 Junior Member

Thanx for the info its a great help.now I feel better if I would have done it my way it would have been about 8" from the ground to the center of the clevis hole.Thanx again keep up the good work.CHRIS:nod: