1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

For all you first year Boss owners ,

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by grandview, Sep 30, 2011.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

there should be absolutely no "help its 2:30 in the morning and I can't get my Boss plow off" threads this year after that.....
  3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

That's kinda cute.

Furthermore, make sure your ground is level.
  4. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

That is great!
  5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

that;s cool just need to put the kid in a darth vader costume and it would be just like the car remote start commershal ! Thumbs Up
  6. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Lmaoo What if my plow doesnt have the smart hitch??
  7. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

LMAOOO aww that was cute.... So easy a kid can do it...that should be boss's new slogan
  8. careiter

careiter Junior Member

hooking up plow

That was great. How about a video on hooking it up or anybody with instructions
  9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

haha yeah its cute. It really is that easy most of the time, till you dismount it on uneven ground lol.for 2012 we need to see him plowing with it too !
  10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

With a lot of effort, his 6 year old would be able to push the light beam up wards so the pins unlock and come down.. if its that hard then start pulling equipment around off the truck and you'll get strong enough to manhandle the non smart hitch ones too :p
  11. NickT

NickT Senior Member

You'll need 2 ,6 year olds :)
  12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

BS that kid couldn't reach the pedals
  13. LushLawns

LushLawns Junior Member

Some times my plow jumps on my truck, other times we have a disagreement about where it will rest that night, I always win, its just not always as easy as driving in and pushin this and pokin that. I think the kid ahas a future in managenent. : )
  14. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

Well I am not a first time owner/operator, but I am switching to a new VXT. I am use to an old RT2 I had for almost 2 decades and would hook and unhook in under 2 minutes, so we will have to see. I got the new one late yesterday, it is sitting on a pallet 4'x4'x4' tall in the back of my truck now, wonder how many parts are in that box?????????????
  15. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

The 3 gold chain wearing guy with a brandy new F-350 and 8-6 XT plow who pulled along side me at Advance Auto the other day should see this.Apparently either Trailer Queen[where he bought it] didn't tell him how to dismount and/or he's just not the reading type.I had to physically show him how to git er done.Heard my wife giggling in my truck while doing so. Funny.
  16. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

They skipped the part where you have to pack down the slush/mud, throw some 2x8 and the jack under there, jack up the plow frame to get the other pin to release (the one opposite the one that released and now won't go back in) and then disconnect and pull the truck out quick before the 2x8 sinks far enough into the mud that the bottom hooks grab the plow and back it out with you.... Other than that, pretty informative!
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  17. hav0k

hav0k Junior Member

you're screwed man.
  18. styd24

styd24 Junior Member

Were you watching me last storm!

My issue was in a near white out of heavy wet snow and 10-14" already on the ground didn't notice that one side was higher due to the snow pack under the tries and one pin slid underneath and the other docked correctly. Took a few tries backing up to free the dam thing as the pin would not free to unlock on the one that docked correctly. I ended up with getting the GF to drive backwards while attempting to hold the plow and prying it up.

Wish I mount the plow before the snow flew but didn't feel like driving around the city with it on as we went for dinner and drinks.

Well lesson learned but have to admit since I have not mounted a plow since 1985 the video was appreciated. Back then you mounted in the fall and unmounted in the spring.
  19. Ring Lawn Care

Ring Lawn Care Junior Member

My oldest can't even do that! I have to hook up the plow for him...he's 21 ! Yeah you should let the kid pull the truck back next time..great video...I shared it !
  20. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I think Grandview wears the same outfit when he plows.