1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

for a plow truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnM, Jan 5, 2008.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Certainly no need to worry about adding strobes. :D
  3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I was going to say the same thing, haha

That ambulance looks like its in real good condition. I think youll have a hard time seeing behind you when backing but a rearview can fix that.

Its wierd thougbh, I never knew you could get 4wd in a van? thats pretty cool!
  4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

It would be great for plowing emergencies!! :nod:
  5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Both Monroe and Quigly do conversions on vans for the 4x4.
    Not sure if the front frame sections are up to the challenge, I am sure no ones makes a bolt on push carton, but a good fabricator should help you out. I rear view camera would be needed for sure. Front visibility would be awesome. Solid front axel, I could see a 8611 LP for sure working well.
  6. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I have been told that plow fabrication is becoming a thing of the past due to liability issues.
  7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen a bunch of ambulances used for various purposes, and there lenses are changed out for amber. For irrigation supplies, it might not be BAD, but the inside compartments are not floor to ceiling like a good utility body. However, there'd be nothing stopping you from fabricating your own shelves/cabinets to supplement the patient compartment cabinets. The other thing I've seen too is a slide out box that runs the entire length of the bed (or in this case, the patient compartment). Designed for pickups so you don't lose the bed, I remember seeing them. You'll fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood into an ambulance (and yes I've done just that!).

I didn't notice on the website if this truck had the On-spot chains that so many of our emergency vehicles have. Besides some ballast, chains should make that truck pretty handy if it will handle the plow. Keep us posted!