1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

for 10k you could have this

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEUSWEDE, Jan 2, 2005.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Was bored and roaming through Northern tool and saw this. It could be the new snowblower truck post! Thought it was funny for 10K, I wanna know if any one has one.

2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

There is a chevy dealership down the street from my house, and they have one of those set-ups an an old pickup pretty cool not sure how it works? would blow all my drives out with that in no time :)
  3. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

IIRC northern sells it with an 8hp motor w/electric start. suppose to hook right up to your plow mounts. I think it would work better for clearing the back roads around here that get dumped on, instead of trying to push the snow a long ways.
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I would think it would take more than 8hp to run that thing.
  5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Right, the one I saw has 27 hp Koehler on it.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

My friend has a 6' McKee snowblower on the rear of an old Fiat diesel tractor. We used it at his cottage for the first time about three days ago (before the big meltdown). Snow had not been cleared before since the beginning of the season.

2-3' of accumulation, depending on where you were (north of Huntsville, Ontario on Bear Lake)

Machine tore through it like butter.

I saw similar machines (tractor mount) in the Equipment Trader selling brand new for around $2000 Cdn.

What we were thinking was buying one, mounting a 500-750cc streetbike engine on it, and setting up hydraulics to lift. Seeing it for $10k US doesn't surprise me, but we figure we could build it for about half or less.

Problem is, I hardly ever need to clear that kind of snow!!! Would sure be handy when one does need to though!!!
  7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

thats why i said iirc because i hadn't seen it in their mag for a couple years now.....but i went to their site, you can get free shipping on that bad boy if ya buy it now

FREE SHIPPING—Hansons Heavy Duty 7–Ft. 27 HP Snowblower Opens Roads Plows Can't Handle!

Powered by an Kohler 27 HP 2 cylinder, 4 cycle, air cooled, electric start gas engine. Cuts a 7ft.W x 25in.H swath through snow. Electric start, choke, throttle and chute rotation are controlled from the cab. 18in. diameter fan and 14in diameter auger. Skid shoes and tall bank cutters are standard. Discharge chute lined with UHMW–PE to prevent clogging and freezing. Casting distance of up to 50ft. Replaceable, bolt–on 1060 carbon steel scraper blade. Electric and hydraulic lines have quick disconnect fittings for easy–on, easy–off. Safety chain for secure transport. Your Meyer®, Fisher&@174;, or Western® plow unit powers hydraulic operated lift. Attaches to your 4WD pickup truck. U.S.A. Ships direct from factory.
  8. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

We have a dealer for those around here and a few guys use them. You have to move slowly with them and they only use them in residential settings where they can't push snow to either side. They do hook up to Fisher or whatever plow mounts you may have. They seem to work well for those guys but as I said they are slow. The ones here are around 8-12hp.
  9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

8-12 hp seems real low for a blower that big. i would expect at least 40 or 50, but that would add alot of weight.
  10. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

It would be nice to have one on the back blade. Back into the driveway lower the blower and away you go snow where you want it. A pull type snowblower would work. Or the pronovost Xpro
  11. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

:eek: :eek:
  12. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

My neighbor has a front mount 5' blower with pto drive on his 18 HP Deere. runs just great....
  13. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I agree with you, they are available with bigger HP however cost and as you said weight goes up. That is why I was saying they have to go slow with them. I wouldn't have them...I will take our 4 84" blowers on our 72 HP tractors
  14. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I would like to find that same blower but in a 54" or 60" model.
  15. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Looks like it would weigh quite a bit. :eek: :eek:
  16. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

i wonder how well that would work cutting through extremely deep snow, or banks the city plow left.

Not that it happens THAT often....but occasionally some empty homes here are left unplowed until the real estate agent finally lines up some sucker...er, home-buyer. Then some poor plow guy has to go through 2 months worth of accumulation and snowbanks to make a path.

Or stacking snow.... If the thing is durable...could you pull up to a long - low bank and stack the snow higher by blowing it up.

Sort of replacing a loader?

Not that its FASTER.....but easier on the truck than trying to do this stuff with a plow.

17. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

this is what i think would be cool, a front hydralic blower from say a bobcat and a small diesel engine in the bed(turbo of course), powering a big hydro pump.
  18. ScottyB.

ScottyB. Member

A friend of mine had one of these. He had it for 2 years then the maintenence got to it...too many moving parts I guess. DO NOT use one of these on gravel/residential driveways unless you want to PO the owner when he (I) has to rake gravel in the spring.
    I have a gravel drive and I expect to have to rake gravel that has gotten 2'-3' onto the lawn. The blowers spew gravel about 15 feet. I was swearing at the plow guy THAT spring. I bought my own plow 2 weeks after raking.
  19. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

The blower is just like a blade, use the shoes to set the height you want so it doesn't hit gravel!!

As for the streetbike engine, I wasn't referring to a 750 from a sportbike (or even my Interceptor), I meant more like a 70's cruiser bike. I figure a 500-750cc engine from that period should be able to make a solid, reliable 50-70hp and since it has a transmission you can set up your optimal speed vs. rpm....
  20. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Mercedes Benx does something similar with the Unimogs- they have the huge blower on the front with a seperate (usually diesel) engine mounted to the bed with shaft drives under the cab to the blower. Don't remember the HP of the last system I saw but it has a 10 foot blower.

I have a friend with an older Mog who runs a single stage 10 foot blower off the front PTO- it's a rotary type with a 6 foot impeller. We don't get nearly enough snow here to justify one of those except for commercial lots- my friends Mog/blower was actually very fast in average snowfall compaired to the loader plows setups