1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Foolish question.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by The mayor, Dec 16, 2006.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I recently picked up a 1999 chevy 1500 silveraldo. Seems that there is a body change somewhere in there. When looking for parts and what not for it, I am asked is it the new or old body style. Well I don't know. I have a 1990 chevy 1500 and a 2004 avalanche with out body cladding.. The front doesn't look like either. Any help please.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your 99' doesn't look like your 90' or your 04' then it would be refered to as a "new body style". 88-98 is considered the "old body" and the 99 and up is considered as the new body.The confusion your experiencing is due to the fact that in the 99' model year you could buy an 88-98 "old body style truck or the 99' up "new body style". Hope I didn't confuse you!
  3. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

That's the answer I was looking for. That's much for the help. :waving:
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

if it looks like a 2000 its an NBS
  5. doh

doh Senior Member

There was the Classic or called GMT 400 and the new GMT 800.